18 inch liquidator issues

But it isn’t as EVERYONE in this post has said, do you think they just bought the channel tore out the rubber and put a different rubber in… NO!

I honestly tried the 18" channel in 4 different handles and none of them worked as “intended”, until I reduced it by 2" and it was golden, what does that tell you… It tells me the material the channel is made from while being quite light also has a limitation on efficacy.

I didn’t recall reading anything about red rubber until you wrote a whole essay about it.

Even the creator of the tool say to mod it to work.

I have an 18 with V2 Endclips. I tried to bend it, but it doesn’t really work. But when i put a little more pressure on the side witch touches the frame (or the rubber sealing) the tool works Perfect. I my case its just Practice Practice Practice… I had the same Problems (Endclips catched not all the water)when I used the 14 for the first time. (…and I listend to Trad-man and Bob):grin:

2 Likes

Cool buddy, i don’t use razor red anymore as they had some bad batches i use ettore master soft which works well :slight_smile:

You got it buddy it’s just practice :wink:

1 Like

This is what I use in my liquidators also.

Give a try @MrSparkleNZ I think you will be surprised how well it performs in these channels.

I mainly use the 18" liquidator 2.0 with the excelator handle. I have been using it since it came out, and while I can’t make the 22" work for me due to the previously mentioned pressure distribution problem, I have gotten the 18 to work fairly well. I used bd, ettore hard, and moerman before trying pulex hard, and I have to say for me the pulex solved 80% of my problems. It’s harder and longer lasting than bd, but not quite as durable as the ettore, by it still clears the solution from the edges very well. The issue I had with ettore is it kept burning on the ends of the blade so it looked like I was leaving streaks when it was actually the rubber degrading on the glass. I have cleaned down to 20 degrees and the pulex worked just fine. The problems I have with the liquidator is it leaves little trails sometimes at the top of the blade, though I’m thinking moding the tips would help with that. I am going to try putting a zip tie in today to see if that works. I also have issues with the rubber shifting, which I am hoping the zip tie will fix as well.

May ask why it is necessary to have the squeegee rubber cut at such greater angle?

Because it’s cool.

This would of caused the squeegee rubber to roll under now then?
Having lesser angle on the squeegee rubber stop this as well as making the squeegee rubber bit more rigid?

I use an 18 unger s-plus channel with a fliq pad on a Moerman handle every day, no problems

2 Likes

So do you have any sort of end clip on this squeegee channel??