24" washer in a 6 gallon bucket?

long time ago i bought a 24" washer and soon i noticed, he doesn’t fit in my 6 gallon bucket. Now i feel sorry for the money i wasted:o
Are there bigger buckets out there ?

Dang you must be superman. Why don’t you carry a 30 gallon tank on your back all day… That’s what the rest of us do…

Why don’t you just dip each end in the water instead of carrying a larger bucket

Nope, the buckets are pretty standard. You’ll have to half dip the mop.

…check out micro fiber mop buckets for floors, they are bigger.

Why use a bucket? Explore bucket less window cleaning. I never use a bucket anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

doesn’t work if there is less water in the bucket.

You will have that problem with any clinical bucket

I never really understood why window cleaners feel the need to completely submerge their washers in a square/rectangle bucket. I always use a round bucket. My washers are never fully submerged in water 1 end is. My washer never comes out of my bucket dripping 1/2 a liter of water on the ground. my washer is wet as it needs to be, when its not all you need is to kiss the water with your washer (direct quote from mr sorbo there :stuck_out_tongue: ).
I use a 5 gallon round bucket and use a 22" washer perfectly fine.

I submerge it because my mops get naaaasty from all the dirt and cobwebs and whatnot on route windows and I need to get that junk off. I usually have to change out my bucket at half day.

Thats what this is for

Sent from my SM-G900I using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Yeah I’m the same sometimes it’s three or four times a day. Although on those really dirty windows I usually wipe them really quik with a rag so I don’t get all the crap in my washer and water. It works great to reduce water changing and I’ve found that my strip washers last longer…

You use that on storefronts?

Looks good to me… As long as it doesn’t scratch the glass I’m all for it…

I will use it where ever it was needed. When I was 23 i had been working for the same company for about 3 years doing everything, high rise, ladder pole, lift you name it. When I met smoking Joe, he was 45, had been cleaning windows for 25 years at that stage, he would always carry around a banister brush. I would think he was just old timey and that that extra step of dusting off sills, frames before he wet the glass up was slowing him down and he was stuck in his ways. One day I asked him why waste all that extra time, brushing off the dust 1st. His response was so logical that I adopted his approach. he said “Its much easier to brush the dust off than it is to clean up the mud after you wet it.”

So the approach I take now is to brush/de -web the dry stuff that just comes off with a quick swipe when its dry rather than use my washer to try to collect up all the webs and have the chance of a strand or strands of webs acting like hairs under the squeegee blade leaving streaks, then having a washer covered in webs. eww wet webs.

I completely agree. It might seem a little slower out front but on the back end it saves time. He’s a smart guy!

I hate grime all up in my washer. I want that thing to last as long as possible…

Swear to God, on my life…
I was just explaining this to ‘New Girl’ on Friday.

We have a builder who gives us about 1 per month and the drywall dust is minimal, but enough.
I usually run through and ‘dry paintbrush’ the windows and frames down.

My guys just can’t quite comprehend to let me get ahead of them, it will save them time in the long run.

(Incidentally, he is one of those I mentioned in the other thread about “tracks being white is more important than clean glass”)

I don’t get HOW that doesn’t sink in?

Another reason to use a sponge…
Wring it out to wet the middle of a long mop.