$250 in/out

I do $75 deposits on any job from $150 (our service minimum) to $200, then $100 on anything over $201. If it is a multi-day job, I get $100 per day expected to be on the job.

I’ve had maybe 3 people balk at the deposit last year. One didnt feel comfortable, one freaked and said she was alerting the state attorney general, and another who never picked up the phone after we picked a date and I said something about the deposit.

On the other hand, I had about 6 no-shows and "I cant do it that day, Ill call you back to reschedule"ers who never, ever did (I call 3 times and then give up). $500 worth of “insurance” if you ask me.

As far as policies go, Ive had a 48 hour cancellation for refund policy.

As of today, along with my 2013 price increases, deposits will be nonrefundable.

Just did a quote for another resident a few blocks away from this dude for $100 more and the guy didn’t even bat an eye - said “lets do it, when can you start.” Full up this coming week but hitting him the next week.

Good idea Chris. My minimum and credit card deposit are both $89 regardless of the size of the job and they have always been non-refundable. Never had anyone complain. Only been doing it for a little over a year now though, and I love it. I’m just trying to keep people honest and responsible about keeping their appointments, while making sure our schedule isn’t full of holes because people want to book with you and then possibly shop around looking for someone to do it cheaper.