3 Story Buildings

What would the most effective and efficient way to do this clean. I myself would say WFP but can’t say for sure due to lack of exp. What would one do if the property mgmt refused to sign off on the job. I currently have the opportunity to bid on three 3 story commercial bldg for quarterly cleans this one being the smallest of the three. How does one price WFP work. Any idea on what type of proposal to present. The owner took a strong liking to me after cleaning his home last week, which is a plus but still have to be competitive with my pricing. Im thinking bid the job, get the job, get the wfp and put it to work …or am i just crazy.

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago. I followed the same order you’re thinking. Bid, get, buy. However, I bid, didn’t get… With talking to Chris, correct me if I’m wrong, I think he said that’s how they got some of their equipment starting out. The secured jobs that needed certain equipment then bought that equipment. That’s about as far as I can offer any advice, as I don’t have any experience with WFP’s either.

You are thinking exactly correct. This is an awesome building for WFP. Price it the same as you would regular clean. You need that extra profit to pay for the equipment. Talk to WCR they can help you get into some affordable quality equipment.

Don’t price it any differently then if you were laddering it.

If it cost you a couple grand to buy the equipment, then it is going to take you a bit to recoup the cost of it right?

But once you do, then you are able to take in those higher profits on the WFP jobs. No reason to do things for less just because you have equipment that does it faster. WFP is all about increased profits. Not lower prices.

Getting the gig and then buying the gear is not a bad idea.

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago. I followed the same order you’re thinking. Bid, get, buy. However, I bid, didn’t get… With talking to Chris, correct me if I’m wrong, I think he said that’s how they got some of their equipment starting out. The secured jobs that needed certain equipment then bought that equipment. That’s about as far as I can offer any advice, as I don’t have any experience with WFP’s either.

Thanx for input

You are thinking exactly correct. This is an awesome building for WFP. Price it the same as you would regular clean. You need that extra profit to pay for the equipment. Talk to WCR they can help you get into some affordable quality equipment.

What do you if the building has not been cleaned for 18 months do you still WFP?

Don’t price it any differently then if you were laddering it.

If it cost you a couple grand to buy the equipment, then it is going to take you a bit to recoup the cost of it right?

But once you do, then you are able to take in those higher profits on the WFP jobs. No reason to do things for less just because you have equipment that does it faster. WFP is all about increased profits. Not lower prices.

Getting the gig and then buying the gear is not a bad idea.

Here is a few shots of the other buildings. Is it possible to reach the glass where it is angled out at a 45 deg

The 45 degree angle is only doable if you have a pole that is very light and more importantly very rigid.

Also, the end of the pole would need an adjustable angle gooseneck where the pole attaches to the brush. You would set it to an angle close to 90 degrees and stand back fairly far.

Seems to me the glass above the 45 deg would be the challange. Or would that require a few drops. Also Im concerned if the water run off from the rubber frames would bleed onto the window.

I think the biggest issue would manouvering around those cars. You would have to cordon off the area so no one parks there on the day of cleaning.
If the windows have been cleaned before, you’re on a winner, if not its nose to glass. Worth taking a look from the inside just to see where the worse windows are & if there are any issues.

Make sure that they understand that all “building runoff” won’t magically disappear. We have those kinds of stains here in pretty much every (old) building and after you clean the glass there’s not much difference.

Please if I’m wrong someone correct me.

The “building runoff” stains can come off, but not magically. I consider that restoration cleaning, and charge extra for it.

That was exactly my point, is not cleaning, is restoration.

I would still WFP this building. I would use a 56’ Gardiner Super Lite. You may need a 45’ articulating boom to get the windows above the 45 depending how many ft that thing sticks out…you may not.

As brought out the run-off stains are an issue. So talk to owner, whether you do it face to glass or WFP if I had to remove stains with anything but soap and water its not even close to the same price. Are you going to need acid of some sort to remove those stains or will they come off?

If you do use acid then the issue of tin etch haze comes into play. You’ll need a good UV light to make sure which side of the glass you’re putting the acid on.

I would still WFP this building. I would use a 56’ Gardiner Super Lite. You may need a 45’ articulating boom to get the windows above the 45 depending how many ft that thing sticks out…you may not.

As brought out the run-off stains are an issue. So talk to owner, whether you do it face to glass or WFP if I had to remove stains with anything but soap and water its not even close to the same price. Are you going to need acid of some sort to remove those stains or will they come off?

These buildings are currently cleaned every quarter with a wfp, so I been told. Those stains are from the old rubber around the pane of glass. If I was face to face then it would not be a problem cause I would be able to prevent water from bleeding on to the glass. Im worried that if i use a wfp that old rubber is going to run on the glass after I clean it. Also how would I get around these trees. The whole building is glass but alot of it is Opaque glass which they also want cleaned.

So its being cleaned every quarter with a WFP? Are they hapy with the results. Are those stains coming off when they do it? Why are you getting to bid it? Do they want better results?

The water fed pole is not going to cause bleeding from rubber if its done correctly. I am not convinced but am not onsite that these runoff stains are from a rubber gasket.

One of two things is true here.

1. Those are stains on the glass and its being cleaned every quarter, but not ‘restored’.

2. The windows have not been cleaned for a few years and its just dirt that will come off with a wfp and good boars hair brush.

I suspect that those windows are not being cleaned every quarter. If I was paying for the windows to be cleaned quarterly, I would be willing to pay to have the ‘stains’ removed so that my money was well spent.

The idea of the rubber seals somehow causing the windows to look like that just does not add up in my opinion. Most commercial windows have rubber seals.

So its being cleaned every quarter with a WFP? Are they hapy with the results. Are those stains coming off when they do it? Why are you getting to bid it? Do they want better results?

Thw water fed pole is going to cause bleeding from rubber if its done correctly. I am not convinced but am not onsite that these runoff stains are from a rubber gasket.

Yes that is correct. They actually only want it done with a wfp. Which is great but how would I maneuver around those trees and that angled glass.

This property management company called me to clean a house on very short notice and it turned out to be the owners home. He liked me and thought we did great work. Long story short he told me to stop by the office if I wanted some jobs to bid on. I see this as a great opportunity to establish some good wfp accounts and further my experience in the window cleaning industry. Now I need to determine what I need to do to make this all happen. I am a bit hungry for it all and I just dont want to get in over my head.

The trees are manageable no prob. The angle glass may or may not be. Where are you located?

The trees are manageable no prob. The angle glass may or may not be. Where are you located?

I figure if someone else did it then so can I. I need to find out what kind of equipment to purchase. located in central tx

Perhaps even the Titanic’s sister ship the WCRantic needs a little attention also. :slight_smile: