A serious weight has been lifted

I need to share this.

Three weeks ago my wife and I received our LLC papers from the state of Texas. The next day my wife complained about a painful bump on the inside (medial) of her right arm, above the elbow. She had had it for about a week and it was getting larger. By the time she showed me it was about the size of a golf ball. There is a lymph node there and hers was swollen and hard. [Years ago I had the same lymph node in my left arm swell up due to an infection in my oil from working in the oilfield. I had a pretty good idea what it might be but she didn’t have any other symptoms of an infection considering the size of her lymph nodes.] We went to the doctor that day…older Doctor, really knows his stuff…he took blood and told us to hightail it over to get Ultrasound.

Fast forward a couple of nervous days, and the lump is getting bigger and still no major symptoms of infection, we get a call from the Doctor to come in early the next morning. Off we go, nothing confirmed in the ultrasound but they did found some irregularities in three of her lymph nodes in that area.

Based on some information we gave the Doctor he wants to give her antibiotics for cat scratch fever, it’s a long shot but he wants to do it anyway. Seven days later we are back in his office, the lymph nodes haven’t really grown any, he sets us up with an Oncologist. He tries to allay our fears by informing us that the antibiotics will still be working for another 62 hours. We go away and wait for the Oncologist appointment.

I have to say, this last week has been the toughest year of my life. When my wife and I married I truly felt, and still feel, I won the lottery. We have a son, who will be two in July, who loves his mother unconditionally. I had a great mother and grandmother and I know the powerful role they still play in my life. As much as I tried not to think about it negatively, the thought of my son not having his mother in his life kept entering my mind. One night, I woke up, she had just finished changing our son’s diaper and I think she was crying. I asked her if she was okay and she got up and went into the bathroom. I can’t imagine what was going through her mind.

Today was the Oncologist appointment…cut to the chase…based on the absence of any other symptoms he wants to give her body some time to heal. He believes she had a slow infection and that with the help of the antibiotics it will heal with time. We are to observe over the next three months and if any negative changes we are to come back.

So, long story short, I consider this a good news story.

9 Likes

We will keep you and your family in our prayers!

1 Like

Thank you, that is greatly appreciated.