Acid-based hard water removers- long term glass damage?

I don’t know anything about tin side and cc550.
I do know that I used it on an office building with dark windows
and cc550 cleared the window at the spot it was applied.

A clear spot on a dark window is not a good thing.

It generally doesn’t need to be at full strength, and you will need to use a lot more CC550 to wet a dry soaker then a wet one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuff like that happens when you don’t know what your doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why was the window dark?

I believe Merv was dealing w/ a factory tinted window.

[SIZE=4]First generally clean the window that cc550 is going to be use on.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

As CC550 is not a general cleaner. [/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]
Then squeegee water off leaving frames Etc wet.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]
This way you are not going to have a problem with the acid damaging the seals. [/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

If you are going to use diluted CC550. [/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]
Then you may as well use One Restore.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

Find that One Restore seems to work better if diluted.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

Also do not let dwell or dry on the glass as this will more then likely give you a bigger problem.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]
Find if you applie One Restore scrubbing it into the glass.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

Using a 8 inch T Bar scrubber with a white scrubber pad on or similar.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]
While keeping it wet for about 5 to 10 seconds.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

Then scrub rinse with your normal window washing solution using a saturator scrubber.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]
Squeegee as normal and detail. [/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

Would also be a good idea to use an old scrubber sleeve to scrub rinse when using[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]
One Restore.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

This has to be done quickly especially in warmer weather.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

Also found it work good on Shower Doors as well. [/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

[/SIZE]

It was a part of a large multi office building. All of the glass looked the same.
It could not be tinted on the outside.
The windows were all very dark like many office windows are. I have seen many
that look like that. I thought it was in the glass but it couldn’t be.

When Cc550 hit the glass, the dark color disappeared leaving a clear spot in the window.
I was surprised to see it.

I asked cuz I never understood what makes a pane dark:

1. Outside factory film?
  2. the color they put into glass when it’s mixed (this may show how little I know about glass manufacturing)?

There are also different kinds of coatings that can color the glass. Some are permanent when baked on I think.
An ordinary tint coating is no good for the outside. It scratches to0 easily. CC550 has hydroflouric acid in it. It is not an ordinary acid.
That can be used to etch glass in the right strength. It is also not good if you get too much of it on your body.

[SIZE=4]Believe your looking at about 14 % strength to use to etch glass with Hydrofluoric acid.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

If you happen to get some on your body then rinse it off with water right away.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

The best way to find out if it is going to effect the glass, is to do a test patch.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=4]

[/SIZE]

Thanks guys!

It depends many cleaning are there and they are using non-acidic and acidic cleaning products. Cleaning companies know very well that when and how use these products.

Spam post? lol