Advice with waterfed

I was looking at that Unger Oval carbon, any good?

We have a very well put together link on understanding pure water. It covers everything fro poles to filters to brushes and what they do. Take a look at this and if you have any specific questions about what system would work for you please call, text or DM me 24/7 Understanding Pure Water & Water Fed Poles | WCR – WindowCleaner.com

Ok, looks like the oval series is mainly for commercial so that’s unneeded. I’m thinking the basic carbon as I probably won’t use it more than a few hours a week.

The Oval is a Himod carbon fiber modulus, so more rigidity than basic CF.

I would not recommend going over 40’ with it. It is more of a residential pole.

Extensions are available for both Pro and Micro Ovals.

The attachments are all QC, not euro thread.

You CAN attach a bronze wool kit to it though.

The “O-Baby” kit features the Oval pole and Xero Pure.

For commercial work, 3 stories+, look at either the Pro Himod or the Destroyer.

This is strictly residential, I’m not insured for commercial.

Trying to decide between the Xero combo deal for $1250 with the hi mod micro and DI tank, or $1500 for the Unger HydroPower tank and hi mod micro.

I’m also wondering about this brush, doesn’t look like it can be flipped over for the bronze pad.

You will get better filtration with the Hydropower and much easier resin changes - under 60 seconds. With the Hydropower, the tap water feeds from the bottom and exits the top of the tank, resulting in better resin coverage.

At 250 TDS and 2 houses a week, the Hydropower will save you about $300/yr in resin costs vs the DI 1/2 cube.

Be sure to get a Univalve too, as this will help conserve resin and will save you at least one resin change a year, if used properly.

Every Xero pole will accommodate the bronze wool kit, even the Ovals.

2 Likes

That actually not true if you’re only doing a few third story windows. Distilled water from the store and a pump up garden sprayer is all you need. Oh … buy a entry level carbon pole and a small brush. Converted window washing washing poles and cheap WFP poles are ok for second floor work but not stiff enough on third floor windows.

Personally I would find that very cumbersome, inconvenient, and less than efficient for other than a few otherwise hard to reach windows.

1 Like

Thanks. Now do you guys have to carry it around back and hook up to spigots as you go or try and run 200’ of line and leave it at the van as one guy mentioned?

Also what is that nifty brush with the rinse bar at the top, I like the idea of rinsing without having to ‘hover’ that brush off the glass at 30’ up.

Funny you mention that. A few years ago I got a large office building job and fabricated a ‘WFP’ of sorts. Pump up sprayer, 20’ extension pole, punched holes in a washer t-bar, screwed in a barb and voila. Worked very well but I still had to squeegee.

1 Like

I agree

I saw a guy working with two 40 ft Sorbo monster poles back in the day. Same idea. Looked like a lot of hard work to me. Monster poles are heavy.

I only move it to hook to another spigot if the garden hose from spigot Hydropower isn’t long enough with my 100" feeder line to the pole. I do a large 3 story home on the golf course 4 times a year with it; I hook up my 50’ garden hose from spigot to Hydropower unit, then the 100’ hose from the unit to the pole is enough. I do have to move the unit from front of the house to the side of the house with the limit of the 50 foot garden hose, but the 100 foot WFP hose is enough to reach where I need to go off of the same spigot.

Oh man I remember those! WhenI started we used the Pro Curve.:flushed:

Tucker Alpha brushes

You’ll see the answer in the other thread.

1 Like

Thank you! Starting to understand how all this works now.

I’m going to get a TDS meter and get a few water samples around town.

1 Like

Hey now that I think of it, I have a long time customer that has one if these darn things…

Second story, three panels deep. I’ve been poling it with scrubber/squeegee all this time, how well does a brush clean off the yearly caked on dirt and does it rinse well? Would I need to do a heavier rinse with a garden hose afterward?

Suddenly I’m thinking about all sorts of uses for this thing. I have a 2 story building I do every year, this would be perfect.:flushed:

1 Like

And welcome to the world of wfp. Quite a few options you haven’t even imagined.
Like you, I did traditional for quite a while and never wanted water fed. Even came up with various noble excuses as to why.

But once I got my initial setup, my tune changed as did my earnings,

My suggesstion:
35 - 40 ft carbon fiber pole. Usually 750 or less. (I started with Gardiner slx35. Check the comparable xero.
By a di tank. 1/2 cube was 250 when I bought mine. Or find a local company that rents them monthly. Although the purchase will pay for itself in 18 months or so.

Use 150’ of hose. This will minimize how many times if at all you need to move your setup. I do rather large houses and rarely have to reset.

Then you can just add the little bits that you want over time.

1 Like

Trust me, you will find uses for it. We booked a commercial job with a portion of the work being WFP as the best way to reach the glass (4th story windows). We had the WFP system built up and made before that commercial job was scheduled and already found other uses for it that make work a breeze. There are limits, as with any tool, though.

1 Like