Alternative methods

You could resurface the pane and remove the coating but I’m not aware of any after market options for putting it back on.

You could be doing them a favor by removing the exterior coating and not replacing it. How much energy could it be saving considering the delicate maintenance it requires. They would still have the low-e coatings on the other three surfaces and have exterior windows that are much easier to clean…

Originally Posted by SqueegeeNinjaNJ View Post
Once a client has contracted you to do something that the glass manufacturers apparently don’t want us to do, you have educated the customer and HAD YOUR WAIVER SIGNED, well, its game on. Waiver signed and you pull up FD… well, thats what the waiver is for.

bump

I don’t know what’s getting lost in translation here Buddyo… let me break it down into simpler terms…

If a window cleaner has educated the client as to the risk of FD (Fabricating Debris), and the client accept the risk by signing a waiver, then it is agreed by both parties that the benefit (clean windows) outweighs the risk (FD), The waiver certifies consent by the client to use traditional window cleaning methods such as razors, and exonerates the window cleaner to any liability for damages if fabricating debris scratching does occur.

“Waiver signed and you pull up FD… well, thats what the waiver is for.”
= If the waiver is signed, and a scratch occurs due to fabricating debris, the window cleaner is not liable because of said waiver

Is there anything else?

Been awhile since this post but let me know what you think.

1. Window cleaner / teacher(you may be legally called upon regarding your expertise and or method of educating the client).
  2. Are they ever fully aware of what their windows and doors may potentially look like if and when fd has been dislodged and scratched the sh1t out of their glass?
  3. So there is a “benefit” to having your glass jacked up by traditional cleaning methods. How clean will they look when that sunlight comes through at the, more than obvious angle exposing the scratches?
  4. Would you think the same way if it was your windows and doors left with scratches when the window cleaner leaves? Would you call them back?
  5. I understand the rock and a hard place we as professionals are forced to be in(from garbage tempered glass) but I still cannot potentially f*ck up my client’s glass. I try to put myself in the home owners shoes. Nothing personal.

i am in the process of landing a very big CCU job(you may have seen me post about it in other threads) I have been reading thru the comments on this thread and it has raised some questions. The job has 400 windows. I am not positive yet but i think the exterior has a low e coating which at this point I really dont have a clue what that means. This particular job asked me several months ago if I do glassrenu because the construction workers tried to clean them and scratched them. They ended up just paying $20,000 to replace the windows. So obviously I cannot use a razor. I was planning on using “alternative methods” but I am not so sure I can on a low e coating. Is this true? What "alternative methods would you use to clean the glass? Also will this void any warranties?

I have a job tomorrow and the builder wants me to use another method on glass with debris. Would hds 100 mild abrasive and a white scrub work. I have a waiver signed?

I’ve used easy off oven clean/bronze wool/white pad combo when a razor won’t do. It came out great but took a very long time to do.

Plus you can only do this method outside since the oven cleaner would really mess up interior sills.dont use the no fume easy off, it doesn’t work as well as the yellow canister

Mike Radzik

Pro Window Cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

1 Like

WATER IS SCIENTIFICALLY KNOWN as THE UNIVERSAL SOLVENT.

Some poor soul was wining on another forum because he was being sued by the home owner. His guys used oven cleaner and it permanently discolored ALL the vinyl frames on the windows they cleaned. Probably the whole house. :frowning:

Oven Cleaner Method used to be great back in the day on old style windows made of wood with paint. Times have changed.