AMBERJET resin for DI tank

In the past I just went to the store and bought filtered water in 5 gallon jugs for $2.50
My average wfp usage is 5 gallons a week on one or two homes. not that much.

I am actually just starting to get a system
for myself starting out with DI tank only from Reach-it. my tds is 120

Seems that resin is very hard to find locally and I may just end up ordering online myself.
There is a garden supply and manufacturer store locally that said they can order Amberjet 4400 resin.
I wasnt sure if this is the same resin we use in our DI tanks,

[QUOTE=Dream;360241]In the past I just went to the store and bought filtered water in 5 gallon jugs for $2.50
My average wfp usage is 5 gallons a week on one or two homes. not that much.

I am actually just starting to get a system
for myself starting out with DI tank only from Reach-it. my tds is 120

Seems that resin is very hard to find locally and I may just end up ordering online myself.
There is a garden supply and manufacturer store locally that said they can order Amberjet 4400 resin.
I wasnt sure if this is the same resin we use in our DI tanks.QUOTE]

…It’s not the same. You want a mixed bed resin which has anion resin and cation resin.
You need both and this product is only anion.

Thanks Matthew for confirming that, so I been researching and apparently heard that DI resin is treated like a chemical for freight and shipping it is expensive. Well I went on amazon and ordered two bags of this…$35 a bag. shipping was $9.00

Deionization Resin Mixed Bed Color Changing 5 Lb Bag - Undersink Water Filtration Systems - Amazon.com

Did I get lucky on the $9.00 shipping charge, cause that seem pretty reasonable. or is this the wrong resin for my DI tank?

…I’m not familiar with the product and color changing doesn’t help much in a tank you can’t see into. Most people use a tds meter.
I don’t know how large your DI tank is but I use a half c.f. tank which holds about 25 lbs of resin. So I don’t think 5lbs will get you very far.
Also the bag says it’s rated for a water flow of 0.2 gpm and I believe 1-1.5 gpm flow is what I get from my system. So I’m not
so sure if this is the right product.

WCR sells resin. It’s the right stuff. Just buy it here:

Xero Virgin Resin | Window Cleaning Supplies | Shop WCR

thx I will see how it performs when I get it.