Any small market WCs here? (20000-50000 pop.)

I’m starting up in a small community of about 25,000 residents. I would like to exchange marketing ideas with like businesses. As far as I can tell, I’m the only one in the area whose primary offering is WC, so I hope that helps.

Curious to see not only marketing techniques, but average gross for residential and commercial jobs, and if you’re willing to share, what you’re grossing a year. What percentage of your business is non-WC work? Are you a solo act, or do you have contractors/employees? Do you have competition in your small market?

Thanks!

Present! Population 12,000. Couple other companies in direct competition. Hit me up if you want 8023809036

1 Like

^^^ Very cool! This is what makes the forum great, willingness to share knowledge!

1 Like

Well I have to say that @Infinity was a huge help. Took my phone call earlier today, and I was greatly encouraged by our interchange both by phone and messaging.

I know it’s a lot of questions to ask, but I’m sure there are those who could answer only one question.

I did find out today when canvassing downtown that there are some out-of-town operations coming through and working the area. Tried to focus on the “shop local” aspect of my sales pitch. Also, apparently there are people who have “the same old guy who’s done our windows for 20 years”. Don’t have a clue who that is (not in the phone book, online, etc), but apparently he’s got a few clients.

I’m not going to let that stop me. I bid out two storefronts today, and once I have my doorhangers, I’m hitting the $300K+ residential neighborhoods. There’s also a lot of other glass in my town that apparently never gets done judging by the haze.

Thanks for all the replies!!

“Hello, I own a LOCAL WC company.” “I can clean your windows for $X. No problem, can I leave some of my cards with you in case you change your mind or know someone who is interested? Thank you.”

If you wear any local clothing, hats, high school regalia be sure to display it.

1 Like

Thanks Alex again for taking the time to help me out! This forum is great for newcomers to learn information from people that actually do the work.