Anyone try the Housecall App

for what it’s worth, QBO emails do the same thing. in fact, it seems like it’s getting worse. i just had to go through about 20 invoices and resend manually because they all went to people’s spam folders.

yes, and while you’re at it @rolandal and @HouseCallPro make the same features (attaching docs, images and active links) available to outgoing invoices too.

@Brian_C

Right now attachments on estimates & invoices is internal facing only. Meaning it’s used mostly for audit purposes and also for tracking/sharing work and note between different technicians.

On our roadmap is the ability to make attachments either private (the way it currently is) or public. Once it’s public, those attached files will always get sent out w/ the estimate and/or invoice. Some uses are for Insurance proof/extra warranty stuff and before and after pictures.

It’s definitely high on our roadmap and will definitely happen within the 1st half of this year so it’s coming soon :blush:

2 Likes

Good feedback, it’s coming so hold tight - we ship new features every week! :slightly_smiling:

Glad you’re liking the tagging feature - it’s something we built directly from feedback in this forum!

You can setup the pricing whichever way you want in HCP. Flat rate or per piece/window/panel

You can simply mark a customer as “notifications off”, and it won’t send any of them but only the receipt/invoice. You can find this in the customer details panel! (Many companies switch this off for commercial clients, and leave it on for residential)… although I have heard stories of several customers winning commercial contracts because the notification because it makes the property manager look good. Either way, you can customize it however you want.

You can choose if you want a notification to go off on the job level, as well as on the customer level. That way you don’t have to worry about it if you are rescheduling the time internally.

We thought about this, but we have an internal document (Google Sheet) actually where we track all of this in. Then we sort the feature requests based upon how many want a certain thing and mix it with our vision and that’s how we decide what to build next! :wink:

2 Likes

Notifications are different from receipts/invoices.

Notifications are the “on my way” / “job scheduled” etc etc.

Currently we don’t but it’s on the roadmap for Q1 this year… multiple visits to a location - it’s a COMMON request for sure! :smiley:

1 Like

We’re closing some of the feature gaps very quickly. Remember Jobber was founded in 2010, we started in 2013 :wink:

1 Like

Think of QBO as a receptable of the invoices. As soon as they are made/paid in HCP they get pushed to QBO.

In fact, a couple months ago got the pleasure of winning best QBO integration at Intuits flagship conference… Here is a pic of me and the founder of Intuit: http://rlnd.co/220L220F3e3J/qbo-hackathon-win.jpg`

In that case, I have a bug to report:

My experience has been for customers that I email the invoice, and I receive a check from them later, when I mark the invoice as paid, I get a notification on my end that the ‘receipt was not sent’. (Sorry for the run-on sentence).

Is the checkbox on or off on the notification when you mark it as paid? It will behave whichever way you tell it to

The reason it lumps all payments together is to save YOU guys money. Every time you push a transaction to a bank, it adds an extra $0.30 fee. So imagine if you run 5 jobs per day, that’s an extra $1.50…

Right now we absorb that fee and just push once a day. We’ve thought about doing it on an individual transaction level, but at that point we would have to push the fees onto the customer (you guys) if you wanted it.

Yeah, when we implement it for estimates, it gets implemented for invoices too outgoing!

This is for customers for which I have notifications turned off. I don’t want to have to remember to turn notifications on and off so as to only send them a receipt.

What’s worse, is I’ve found that once I’ve realized a receipt has not been sent due to the notifications being turned off, there is no way within the mobile app to reenable notifications and reissue a receipt. It’s even difficult to work around that on the desktop interface.

It also won’t send a receipt of payment for jobs that have not been issued a invoice beforehand. Like in the case of storefronts, if I have a customer pay on the spot with cash, and I forget to turn the notifications on, there’s no way to send a simple receipt. I have to wait until I get in front of a computer, or try and struggle through the web version on my iphone.

Can’t be in front of our computers all day, week, and weekend :sweat_smile:. Although here I am combing through the thread gathering feature ideas and trying to answer questions. That being said, we try our best to push out features on a weekly basis!

2 Likes

I hear you Alex - we are working right now (this last week) on fixing this on the mobile side to allow to resend receipts! :slightly_smiling: Sorry for the frustations and hanging in there while we fix and ship an update to apple!

1 Like