Anyone try the Housecall App

Yes, adding documents to the estimate like the W-9, insurance certificates, terms and conditions in .pdf, docx, jpg or other attachments like you can with your email client.

2 Likes

@rolandal @HouseCallPro correct me if I wrong but I just noticed that HCP pushes over every single payment by check automatically and makes a separate entry on the check register instead of placing it in the un-deposited funds account thereby allowing the user to ā€œbatchā€ them? In other words if I have 8 jobs in one day and deposit all the checks as one single deposit HCP will sync with QB and make eight separate deposit entryā€™s?

@Steve Iā€™ll get the answer for you and reply back in the web portal help chat!

1 Like

@rolandal (and everyone else), have you guys stumbled upon the ā€œBreezeWorksā€ app, yet?

Itā€™s got a lot of similarities to HCP. But it has a few really important features (to me, anyway) that HCP doesnā€™t. Like:

• Full offline capability
  • Ability to batch import contacts from iphone address book
  • Ability to ā€˜overlayā€™ iCal or google calendar over the built scheduling system, to avoid conflicts b/w personal and business appointments
    • plus I think you can sync your BW appts to your personal calendar system
  • Better sorting/layout/display of all invoices (all with running totals):
    • not yet billed
    • open
    • paid
    • archived

Andā€¦ Wait for itā€¦

• Feature request forum :smile:

Of course itā€™s missing a few features that HCP has, as well as a few that neither platform has yet. Too bad you guys couldnā€™t team up to create some truly awesome software (not to say that what youā€™re creating isnā€™t pretty cool :wink:)

Hard to believe how competitive this market for serviced based business CRM is. Seems to be a new one popping up everyday.

1 Like

Seriously. And it seems like by now there should be something a little more polished/all encompasing than whatā€™s currently available. It appears that many of the frequently requested features on the QBO and BW forums are fairly fundemental things. Some of these requests go way back to the beginning of development, and still donā€™t have a suitable solution*. These are all (HCP, BW, QBO) apps that have been in dev. for a couple years or more.

*Iā€™m thinking of ā€˜depositsā€™, for one. :tired_face:

@Infinity Yeah theyā€™ve been around for a while, probably a year and half before us. They donā€™t have full offline capability in the slightest. picproof

There is no perfect platform, but we are also significantly cheaper. By an order of magnitude.

1 User: HCP - Free Breeze - $20/m
10 User: HCP - $79/mo Breeze - $145/m
50 User: HCP - $199/mo Breeze - $649.49/m

But as this past year shows, we will build it all (we launch Jan 2015) and look and everything we have now :relaxed:

And the iPhone still wonā€™t do group text messaging easily.

Hmm. Iā€™m currently paying &24/mth for HCP, with the wcr discount. I only need one login. What functionality would I lose if I downgraded to the free version?

1 Like

I shouldnā€™t have said ā€œfullā€. Theyā€™ve got considerable offline capability, like being able to view & edit customers, schedule, invoices, etc.
Itā€™s something Iā€™m really lookong forward to HCP implementing.

I paid the year up front, so Iā€™m at $21 bucks, and have the same question as you.

Actually, Iā€™d be REALLY cool with an ala carte setup.
But I donā€™t think thatā€™s an option.

Meaning, Iā€™d rather pay for 2 than get one free.

Wait. Huh? ā€œBreeze?ā€ :blush:

Breezeworks. Try and keep up J :wink:

1 Like

Yes. Iā€™m a stupid ass. :blush:

And itā€™s worse than it looksā€¦
Because I actually LOOKED IT UP, after reading your post, this morning before I left!
And still managed to forget by tonight.

Proof: Iā€™m NOT a morning person.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be over here, in the cornerā€¦ if anyone needs me.

2 Likes

You would lose QBO sync + all the marketing features (postcard remarketing + email marketing).

+1 ā€¦
Best post this year (so far)

Thank got me smiling! :slight_smile:

Thats not a shot at youā€¦just perfect timing!

1 Like

@rolandal,

any plans to implement staff time tracking into crm side of housecall? iā€™m sure a lot of service companies would be interested in that. we could eliminate an extra service or app that many of us already use and it could integrate seamlessly into the rest of the HCP workflow.

would be a great data stream for your STATS section too. seems like an opportunity for a lot of added value for your end users.

1 Like

Yes - and it will have manual and automatic mode because our geofencing that happens on the mobile app :relaxed:

1 Like

Hereā€™s a random thing/suggestion I thought aboutā€¦
Iā€™d KILL to have a map of my (route for the) day.

Meaning, Iā€™d love to see the plot points of where weā€™re going to be on any given day.
The ā€œMAPā€ is a nice map, with Pins on it, for each customerā€¦
But Iā€™d love to be able to break it down to days.

(does this make sense?)

2 Likes

Even better would be to see the jobs I have scheduledā€¦
And somehow see current/running bids of jobs gained
in relation to those already scheduled jobs.

I currently use a separate/specific calendar which is"At a Glance"/ ā€œCity Specificā€ for scheduling.

Ahhā€¦ wouldnā€™t THAT be nice?
A boy can dream, right? ā€¦