Anyone try the Housecall App

[MENTION=1736]JfromtheD[/MENTION]

Our allegiance doesn’t lie with either of those. We are positioning ourselves as a Software as a Service tool to help you run your business. CRM is included in that and so is lead generation. Also included is dispatch, scheduling, invoicing, payment processing, etc, etc. I don’t see how we have to choose just one thing.

Your guy on the phone told me the 10% fee is when a new client uses the app and actually uses the service just a one time.

I don’t really understand your post

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

[MENTION=3164]Brian_C[/MENTION]

Sorry for the confusion Brian. All customers which YOU enter or import into your HouseCall Pro portal or app will be your customer indefinitely. Every time they book you, there will be no finder’s fee deducted. The only time we take 10% from the job price is when a new user that you have not entered into your app or the web portal books you. This incentivizes you to grow your customer base in our system. Also, if your customer doesn’t download the HouseCall booking app, there will be no finders fee either. We handle your customer list import though, so I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to have that customer list be as big as you can get it.

Go back to that…
I didn’t edit because I don’t want to be accused of taking things out of context.

But nevermind the fee for a moment.
What did you mean by ‘someone else’s customer that they imported… books in your category?’

[MENTION=1736]JfromtheD[/MENTION]

The consumer booking app has every home service category available. This would include services like plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc. When you import your customer details into HouseCall Pro, those users, if they download the consumer booking app, will only see you in your service category. They would, however, see all the plumbers, all the electricians, etc etc that are NOT in your category (window cleaning).

The end goal is to have every professional in every category enter all of their customers so that you get booked by new customers that got introduced to the HouseCall Consumer Booking app by another professional.

Key takeaway:

1. You will show up exclusively in your category for customers you enter. Your customers will not see your competitors

2. The consumer booking app is totally optional. You don’t have to get booked through the consumer app. You can run your entire business with HouseCall Pro.

3. Finder’s fees only apply when you get booked by a NEW customer that you haven’t entered or uploaded yourself, STRICTLY through the booking app.

I’m a tad confused:

So apparently, appearing as the “default service provider” for your current customers requires an upgraded subscription, correct?

Oh, and to perpetuate the discussion on what types of customers the booking app may attract, I went and read every last review on the app store. Interestingly, it seems that the current pool of customers love instant gratification. Many people wrote about having a contractor at their door within an hour or two of their request, and receiving replies within minutes. Only a couple reviews mentioned the cost of services, but several others really appreciated the ease of payment. One person even suggested getting your current handyman to sign up for the pro app just to make paying them easier, lol.

The pro app is beginning to tantalize me a bit, in all honesty. In the tiny market I’m in, I could probably just treat this as our own personal booking app. It’ll be quite some time before other companies start adopting it here, I imagine.

But here’s what I need before we can adopt this as our CRM ( @rolandal ):

-route functionality
-batch invoicing/other tasks (emails, etc)
-ability to print out invoices
-enough flexibility to be used with commercial accounts, not just homeowners.

And I really, really want/need offline capability. To be able to access and edit the customer database without an internet connection, and sync up when I’m back in cell service.

It actually applies on both the individual or multi-employee tiers (the system doesn’t discriminate). So the individual user gets the same feature :o

Also, both individual or multi-employee there is “no contract, cancel anytime”… it just looked weird with the spacing to jam it all into the individual one!

Yeah, I would say the booking app attracts a younger demographic which tends to lean towards ease of use/simplicity/getting stuff done quickly.

You’re totally right on the adoption part… we focused our 1st year on San Diego, and starting Jan 1 of this year went nationwide, as you can imagine our efforts are more spread out now! (ex you’ll probably be the only window cleaning business for quite some time, and have a massive headstart).

We’ve finished the “tagging” feature, which allows you to tag a customer to a pre-defined route. This is now available. (We’re adding even more features to make routing even better in the coming 2 months)

Invoicing happens automatically (or you can turn off the automatic part if you want more control), so you really don’t need to batch - can show you how this works on a demo.

You can print out all invoices, they are autogenerated PDFs. (please go easy on the trees ;-))

Each “customer” can be a homeowner, or commercial company, and you can tag & add data accordingly.

Hope that helps!

This part is a super tough technical capability. We are definitely building with this as a goal in the future, but it’s at least 4 months out. There are so many variables that can happen (ex. 2 techs that are both offline, then they both come online, which one is the one to sync and overrides the other etc etc)…

Good to hear!

We have a total of one commercial account that actually requires invoices to be submitted in paper form, and the occasional old folks who just don’t do tech. Can they be printed directly in the app?

And can emailed invoices have any attachments? (signed work orders, pics, etc)

I’m definitely maybe going to sign up for the walk through, as soon as I get a break from all this snow removal crap…

The pricing can be found here: HouseCall

TL;DR:

$19/month for individual, $16/month/user for multi-user
1.99% CC processing across ALL credit card (Visa, Discover, Mastercard, AMEX)
10% referral fee (after you get paid) on new customers / 0% referral fee on existing customers…
IF YOU DON’T WANT OR CARE FOR NEW BUSINESS YOU CAN OPT-OUT & simply use HouseCall PRO as a CRM/Scheduling/Dispatching/Invoicing/1.99%CC Processor

In your area chances are you will get 0 referrals for at least the next 6 months… and then maybe a few every now and then as we grow NY going into 1st year.

Yup, just open the PDF and send to printer from your phone… (or computer).

If you sign-up, I’ll prioritze and build this feature for you (eta about 1-2 week) Serious

Just ask for me (if one of my team members calls you), or email me at [email protected]

Hmm, that is a tricky point. First off, as your developers are probably well aware, permissions will be crucial. Limiting the number of employees that can actually make changes to existing records will be key. Then there would have to be some kind of comparative sync/ log system so that you’re not resyncing the entire database every time someone comes back online with new record data. And I know that’s a lot more complicated than I just made it sound, lol :smiley:

Sold! I’ll figure out how to deal with spotty internet connections for the next 8 months (I know how development goes). Worst case I do some copy & paste from the notes app.

Oh, one more question for tonight: is there any possibility of syncing with the iphone contacts? I’ve seen other apps that utilize the built in contacts app by creating a dedicated group that all sync with that app.

Right now there is no iPhone contact sync. We actually thought about it, and then asked many of the existing Pros using the app, and they actually didn’t want this because most of their contacts are non-business related and they didn’t want to comingle.

That being said, I’m happy to do it manually for you.

Hey Everyone!

Check out our new HouseCall Pro features!

HouseCall Pro Important Update- Dynamic Scheduler now Available

We’ve been working around the clock to provide you with the features you’ve asked for. These features will not only help you stay organized, but will also give you the opportunity to increase your business and re-engage your customers.

Here’s what we’ve got for you this week:
Postcard Remarketing
Recurring Service Scheduler
Stats and Analytics

What’s New on the Web Portal

Postcard Customer Marketing

We are now offering Postcard Marketing at the introductory rate of 65¢ per postcard. You can send your customers postcards to say thanks, remind them to schedule you again, or send a special offer a few months later to re-engage their business.

Here’s how to get started:
Click on “Postcard Campaign” under the marketing tab.
Pick the photo you want on your postcard. We have a variety of options, and will be adding more soon!
Input the message you would like to send to your customers. Your logo, phone number, and website will automatically appear as long as you have those items entered in your profile.
Pick your recipients. You can do this by clicking on individual names, or selecting the whole list.
Name your campaign, and confirm your order. You’ll see your total that will be billed to your account after the order is made.
Postcard Remarketing is the perfect opportunity to reach out to clients you haven’t heard from in a while, and to regain business you may have lost without having that special touch.

Recurring Service Scheduler

We have been asked to do recurring service for a while, and it’s finally here! This is going to be a huge help to those of you who do multiple services, or have a regular schedule with your customers (carpet cleaning, window cleaning, maid service, landscaping, etc). This will also help you keep your calendar full, and not let clients slip through the cracks.

How it works:
When you’re scheduling a job, you can choose recurrence from the drop-down box.
Choose how often, and what days/times you want it to be scheduled.
Choose when the job recurrence ends. You can choose for it to end after a certain amount of jobs, or pick a date that the recurring service will end.
You can see the recurring schedule on the client page when you’re finished setting it up. You can also click on each individual job if you want to edit just one, like the time or who it’s dispatched to.

Stats and Analytics

On the new Stats page, you can now see analytics to help you track jobs and revenue by month.

You can track analytics by:
General report: Your monthly revenue and monthly job count.
Tags: Remember that cool tagging feature we added a few weeks ago? You can see revenue and jobs based on those tagged customers. For example, if you’re advertising on Yelp, and you tag customers that have come in through Yelp, then you’ll be able to see how much revenue these customers are bringing you.
Employees: Track revenue and job count by individual employee.
We’ve got even more features on the way! Make sure to read our newsletter every week to stay on top of what’s new, and to continue growing your business with HouseCall Pro. We’re always open to new features as well, so keep the suggestions coming.

Remember, we’re here for support, just give us a call at 888-862-8686 or email [email protected].

[MENTION=38617]HouseCallPro[/MENTION] will you be able to take a picture of the home and use that image like street bidder?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

[MENTION=3164]Brian_C[/MENTION]

Are you referring to uploading home pictures on postcards? Or on the app itself. You can already get a picture of your customer’s house when you schedule a job fort hem through the iPhone and Android HouseCall Pro app.