Are there any good waterproof, rip-proof pants?

I know Mr. Pfarr has made his purchase so this is for someone 20 years down the road and for me to love on a company I can not say enough of.

1. Every single person in the world should own a pair of heavy weight knee high filson socks. The orginal style (retired 4 years ago) were the best and can be found on ebay new. I purchase 1 pair each year for the guys in winter.

2. I would agree the tin pants or tin bibs would not be good for cleaning windows mainly inside. I wear mine ALL DAY LONG in winter as we are outside 99.9% of the time. Keeps me 100% dry. The wax should be put on yearly and can be time consuming and needs to be done correctly. If ever in Seattle I suggest checking the store out. Fun store, great clothes and is in the shadow of our baseball and football stadiums.

Dange: funny you use to clean them, I did a few of their windows last year. They have so many broken seals that all that should be done is the store front.

I had a Filson Shelter Cloth (also oiled) hat years ago for rock-crawling in the rain. I always thought it was too heavy for my liking.

I replaced it with an OR Seattle Sombrero (Winter rains) and Tilley Airflo (Summer sun.)