Back linking?

What is it and how in the world do you do it with wordpress???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Search function on the top of the page brother, search function :slight_smile:

COUNTLESS topics on backlinking here

Actually counted 3,018

Nice! Thanks!!

Backlinks is the common term used in SEOā€¦ They are the links generated from another pointing towards our site and building no of back links from various methods is called Link building.

[B]For example:[/B]
Placing your website link into another site and if anyone clicks that links from that site and visits your site means one back links generatedā€¦

You post an article (with a link to your website inserted into it) on an article directore; if you article is approved, then you get a backlink. Itā€™s simple to understand.

Backlinks are links posted on other sites pointing to your site. Submit to article directories, forun sig posts, social media marketing, etc.

Best to spend the time on unique content IMHOā€¦I just donā€™t think links have the value they did years ago. You can get exactly the search results you want without ever doing a single one if you spend the time on content.

[MENTION=10900]RiverCityMN[/MENTION]

I think links & content are both very important now. Look at all the top posters on WCR, they usually all rank very well for their cities. Having 3,000 backlinks from a window cleaning forum - and good content associated them as well would put nearly anyone at the top of the google rankings locally.

Thatā€™s why itā€™s so important to have a good forum. If everyone just says ā€œagreeā€ or ā€œthumbs upā€ or ā€œyou can remove hard water stains with vinegar and newspaperā€ (recycled spam from house cleaning articles on the web) then the forumā€™s unique content rating will go straight down the toilet.

So, yes I think wcr signature backlinks can be tremendously helpful but not if you are using them in a spammy way self-serving way.

I think we need to separate correlation from causation here. Those who have a lot of posts on WCR, are probably also good about building unique content for their sites. Just a thoughtā€¦

That doesnā€™t stop me from putting a couple links in my sig, though :wink:

Thereā€™s a difference between backlinking and citations nowadays.

My suggestion, do the research before launching a campaign.

Google Pandaā€¦ there are a million articles.

Yeah, this is my understanding as well. Iā€™m not an SEO expert and I need to start working on my site. But from what I understand, backlinks and metadata donā€™t really have any pull with google except as auxiliary information.

The forum links all have ā€œnofollowsā€ on them. As I understand it, it wonā€™t help with seo. Signatures are more for the people reading the posts.

However, a good forum topic will appear quickly on google and then customers searching for ā€œhard water removalā€ might come into the forum and look at the posters and then might call someone localā€¦ which is another reason for being polite and helpful. Potential customers arenā€™t going to hire a jerk poster unless that poster can demonstrate that they are The Expert on the topic.

Nofollows arenā€™t necessarily useless though. They do have value, albeit not nearly as much as a dofollow.

Nofollows from an authoritative site like WCR will help a new site get indexed (noticed by Google) faster.

when i first saw the title of this thread i thought it said ā€œback licking???ā€ and i was like ā€œiā€™ve gotta check that out!ā€

then i came here and realized it was a boring seo thread. oh well.

I have an excellent home video on how to run a successful back licking campaign.

Sent from my outer space using Window Cleaning Resource

I feel like Iā€™m in "Hot Tub Time Machine: Part Deux"
Year: 2006

Hereā€™s the thing. Google is smart enough to know that your forum backlinks (nofollow or otherwise) are YOU, advertising your company.
1000 posts on a forum do not create credibility.

And fast forward to 2011. Oh, letā€™s ā€œBLOOOOOG about ourselves.ā€:rolleyes:

If you are searching to find a good hammer, you donā€™t want to read some dupeā€™s blog about hammering his chicken wire around the ā€˜Cement Pond.ā€™

• ā€œThe End Is Nearā€ on THAT one, tooā€¦

Everyone here jumps around wanting to "grow their business."
Then GROW you fucking business!

There is a reason that infants donā€™t have Masters degreeā€™s.
Shit takes time- ā€œblood sweat, and tearsā€ and all that.

Build your company
Earn some credibility
ā€¦ and traffic will come.

Think of it like a credit score.
(You arenā€™t going to get a $200k loan when your current credit limit is $500 bucks on a Sears card. Keep paying, keep proving yourself)
Each visit is an opportunity to ā€˜upā€™ that score.
-Make them want to stay, and read, and call.
[conversion]

Iā€™m going to shut up now.
Because while most of you are thinking I donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about, one or two of you will take note.
And I know enough to know that when the Pakistanis and Indians are all over somethingā€¦ ITā€™S DONE, AND OVER WITH!

And thatā€™s how these threads sound.

Play around with keywords in your page title and description you will see what ranks best in your area.

Moving forwards this is a out dated SEO method. Whilst it still hold some weight re keywords Google and others are now using enhanced algorithms (since around 2012 or something now) called ā€œsemantic dataā€ to place rank on.

This will only increase as time goes on and as the internet is ā€œmobileā€ and uses ā€œvoice activatedā€ orientated searching.

Backlinking is not what it used to be in the past. Now you need realy high quality backlinks in order tomake this worth your time.