Backflip in action

Here’s a little video from last week using the Backflip on a big window in direct sun. At the end you can see the benefit of having the Backflip.

//youtu.be/Backflip is great for window cleaning - YouTube

where is the video???

Sorry, technical glitch. I’ll have it up in a bit.

nice pole work Tony.

Thanks Brian.

Nice work Tony

and…

how do you clean the window sills???

We don’t for 2 reasons - 1 this is a house on our monthly route and they are just outs for a reduced rate, and 2 our basic service doesn’t include cleaning sills. We have an additional fee for that. If they want sills cleaned on an exterior only we use the WFP.

Now that is shady, so now the sills will have all of that dirty GG3/GG4 soapy runs on the sills, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

If that what you want to call it fine.
I determined when I started out that I would bid the jobs the way others in my area were and this is the way it’s been. I make sure the customer knows what the bid entails at the start. Not shady to me at all.

If all the other window cleaners in your area jumped off a bridge, would you do it also…

This is a good chance for you to seperate yourself from the other window cleaners in your area. you could close soooo many more jobs, by simply saying we wipe down all window sills, unlike Joes window cleaning or whatever.

1 Like

Why give work away for free when I can charge extra for the upgrade? Plus if it’s exteriors I’m not about to drag out a ladder when I can be safely on the ground.

Tony, I rarely use a pole (traditional style) on residential but I like that you are incorporating it on your monthly maintenance residential cleans. That is very nice pole work. Do you have to detail the edges and corners?

Yep! Gotta love that scrim!

If you want to be safe on the ground, get a office job, come on man, you are a window cleaner, not a office worker…

[I]If all the other window cleaners in your area jumped off a bridge, would you do it also…
This is a good chance for you to seperate yourself from the other window cleaners in your area. you could close soooo many more jobs, by simply saying we wipe down all window sills, unlike Joes window cleaning or whatever. [/I]

Starbrite,
If Tony is straightforward with his customers, what is shady about that?
You don’t KNOW how many more jobs he could close if he made sure people know he goes beyond the norm for that area of Iowa. I’m sure Tony has weighed each option.
There’s a 15 or so mile stretch a county away from me where people are as cheap as bricks. They don’t want even close to perfection, they want cheap. I don’t cater to them because I don’t need to. It works for me.
There was a thread last year on AUWC I believe about whether you should automatically do a thorough screen cleaning on every job and include it in the price. Obviously, it’s a matter of choice- provided that you are up front about it.

I’m a smart window cleaner, not just a ladder jockey! The more I stay off a ladder the longer I stay in the game and the less likely I am to get injured in a fall. That’s why WFP is becoming such a big part of so many wcing businesses.

Hey Doug,
I really enjoy reading your posts. You always make me laugh man…
Seriously …

Thanks man… I see you are in San Diego, if you are ever in South Orange County, give me a hollar. I will show you how to clean a window with a ladder and i will clean and wipe the window sill.

Steady pole work Tony.