Best Towel for Basic Fast Screen Clean?

Hi Everyone!

I am doing a Senior building that has residential windows and has an exterior screen. I am just planning to use a wet bath hand towel and wipe it down. Is there a higher quality while being fast at the same time method anyone else uses?

For residential I normally take exterior screens and was them outside. This one I bid at a competitive price and the building isn’t very old. So I’m looking for efficient ways to tackle it.

Thanks in advance!

Love the forum. I’ve been watching for a while and now just joined.

If there are a bunch of screens then you’ll need a lot of towels. Hit up your local thrift store and snag all their old bath towels on the cheap. Those will probably be almost lint-free as well, since they have probably gone through a bazillion wash cycles before getting donated.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

I use some damp yellow microfber towels I get at Costco, for screens that are inside the house or outside and just not very dirty.

1 Like

Just thinking out loud-ish… Wouldn’t it be faster to scrub with your window mop and slap dry with a rag? Plus you’d only use one or two rags.

But then you pick up grime from the screen onto your washer. Not a real great idea for cleaning subsequent windows.

Use a huck. Espeacially if they’re not real dirty

3 Likes

Wait, so there’s no grime on the windows? Jk, good point. Not my method, just thought he was looking for something quick since he bid low.

i have used several systems for cleaning screens the best so far:
unger fluffy wash pad on pad holder, quite wet but not dripping all over scrub screen, follow with 2nd unger fluffy dry or almost dry.
next best: fluffy scrubber-tbar (not the one you are using for glass, 10-14 inches no bigger, wet again not dripping all over.
NO SOAP OF ANY KIND.
fast, high quality results. done in place.
using towels will leave streaks and a generally poor appearance.

2 Likes

Ya I’m with you on the huck. Dampen it a little, An your good to go :+1: Been using my power washer lately to do screens. It’s now my favorite way to do screens. I just lay them flat power wash both sides, An a quick spank with my huck , wipe frames with huck An done.
This only gets done this way when doing a house wash An windows. No house wash I brush them , then wipe down with huck.

1 Like

Hey Bryan! Welcome.

These guys n gals have been very helpful and welcoming.

I am using a damp, soft(fluffier style) microfiber cloth. Its working great so far. Everything dries fast and it picks up everything.

I can see huck towels being great too, as @IronLionZion and @Majestic66 have mentioned.
I am limited on those at the moment so I only use them for detailing.

Thanks everyone!