Best way to do ccu without scratching it?

Look, I don’t mean any offense. But in other threads you are mentioning the need to increase your rates and concern that some customers won’t want to pay that. In this thread your concerned because the ccu is getting more risky and labor intensive.

Maybe it’s time to plan an exit strategy from the level you’re at into a higher paying clientele. CCU is basically scut work that is only really worth it if you are being well compensated for it. And even then, if all of the contractors are allowed to fling their crap all over the windows, it may not even be worth it for you.

I’ve had all of my eggs in the same customer basket in the past. The seeming security is nice, but knowing the leverage the account has over you is stressful. You’ve had the account for 18 years - don’t think they wouldn’t cut you if it helped the bottom line. Don’t sacrifice yours to keep the account.

Change the pricing to reflect the increased effort. Be prepared to walk away or even lose it. I dropped an entire chain this past year. They were my bread and butter for a while, but looking back I realize the time spent on them kept me from maximizing profit. The accounts that have replaced them are all at better pricing and has contributed to 45% increase this ytd.

Just my thoughts. Hope the best for you.

3 Likes