Beware of 1 stop maintenance

Nope, not true. Libel is a hoax my friend. I tried to see about getting one myself. The only way you can win a suite like that is if its proven that the accusation is false. He’s good to go.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy, after some phone calls to the store itself and the higher ups I think we got the ball rolling. Never again :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I think you are missing my point. It’s the filing of a libel suit, out of State, that creates the financial burden. For ripoff companies, it’s not the right or wrong of it, it’s the “using the slow cherning legal system to tie the victim and his/her resources up” so hopefully they just shut up and walk away.
More lawsuits are settled on the courthouse step’s than in a courtroom.

Also, just because someone might feel what they wrote, or said, was true doesn’t relieve them from having to defend themself in a court of law. Most of what we might feel is the truth, is actually opinion. Opinion unrestrained can be twisted to appears as intentional defamation, and damaging. Which is enough to file a libel lawsuit. (It doesn’t mean it’s winnable…but, it will be costly. You sure you want to go to court?)

1 Like

Sorry, yeah I did miss the point. My bad =)

1 Like