Bidding Jobs From Construction Plans

I’ve been asked to bid the window cleaning for a building that hasn’t been built yet (construction clean up) using only the plans they let me view online.

Its a 4 story hotel with hundreds of pages of plans. Has anyone bid like this before? Any hints?

Did a bid like this the other day on a residential. You should be able to tell the size of the windows and the amount of windows from the plans. There’s a lot of pages because of all the different views of the building, front, side, rear elevations, etc. then all of the detailed pages showing all of the measurements. I price my ccu at 2 to 2.5 times my normal residential bid due to the amount of work involved.

We have done this a few times…It can be pretty tricky… But with a hotel it shouldn’t be to hard. Is it a chain hotel like Marriott or something? If so find out what model and just check out another one thats already built.

Yeah they are Hilton’s. that’s a good idea. Thanks guys. Looks like I’ll be spending my day staring at a screen.

Our window cleaning service in Plano, Texas has done this many times. You can’t go by what the builder tells you or the amount of panes originally ordered. If you really want the contract, you have to sit down and do the work going through the plans and doing the math. It’s worth it in the end though.