Bidding store fronts

around here small store fronts go 25-30 dollars …easy quick $$…

I bid by the window. And I have a minimum charge.

Is everyone billing per time at site or as a route do you charge monthly?

I bill per window, or per minimum or time or conditions. You have to say, right now, I am new and slow and well make only 20-40 per hr gross. Later you are faster and better and you can pull in 75-150 hr.

Now if it is a **** pit, grease trap, they pay more, but normally they do not want you anyways, so most will be reasonable. If there are a lot of things in the way, and there is more risk or breakage or moving things, or just plain obstacles, charge more.

Do not paint yourself into the corner by saying I am the cheapest, etc, explain you are a real business (hopefully) with insurance, overheard etc. and this is how you make your living. You are also detail and customer service orientated.

That normally explains more to them than I will charge you this much. You need to offer them inside/out and outside only service. Different pricing, different reasons and it allows you to be more flexible with your timings and scheduling.
~Ed

I understand all that is said, but do you get paid the day you do the work or do you charge monthly as a route service. I also have a yard maintanance crew left over and my customers are billed monthly.

I get payment the day of service or as soon as possible afterwards!
Working as a sub for someone else is different normally, there is a waiting period. If it is a large commercial, you need to say, ok, I understand you pay out differently, but I am a small company and need to be paid in 15-30 days, or you are on the hook for a lot of money that you might not get! And Payroll etc.

If you do not like their terms, say these are my terms, if they do not agree, smile hand them a biz card and walk away!

Thanks that is the answer I needed to hear.