Big FISH in a big pond

I’ve met some awesome Fish guys, including [B]Kolan Hairston[/B] and [B]Matt Pierce[/B].

Hard-working guys that take pride in their work, and provide excellent service. (It seems that way, anyway, all I have to go on are perceptions)

The truth is, there are goofballs who lie and steal and undercut that are [I]independent[/I] business owners, too.

Sure, some of them end up as franchisees of companies like FISH, but I have a hard time accepting that franchisors encourage such short-sighted business behavior.

[U]The scary truth:[/U] If a company like FISH or Window Gang, or Window Genie ever got their act together marketing-wise, they would grow 10 times bigger in 3 years, and 10 times bigger again, 3 years after that.

Thankfully, their apathy seems to defuse any such threat. For the time being, anyway.

I purposely didn’t mention the name. If you search some of my older posts (or follow this one) it’s pretty obvious what franchise I worked for. I don’t want to get slammed for slander or anything, therefore I’m not mentioning names. I’ve mentioned it before.

I own my own business now.

I remember thinking that back in 90’s the first time I saw a window cleaning franchise

My guess would be there will no doubt always be the training/skill/turnover/truck/leave to start own biz issues and whatever else that has also kept Sears and others from ruling the world in their service labor offerings

along with the whole ‘at will’ nature of it all, unless large comml contracts

I think they need to send their franchisees to business school more than anything else,

something is missing and wrong with their system if many folks invest so much (you could spend 200k if you bought a lot of zip codes and population area, they push the fear of loss on that one BIG TIME) and then end up undercutting prices for store front?!

seriously missing

how about, like taking on a business partner, the franchisor has something you can’t get ANYWHERE else, and SO GOOD or targeted that you have folks clamoring for their unique offernings

remember Krispy Kreme back in the day? Only their donuts tasted that good, drive thrus had line ups a mile long, they were busy! AS SOON AS a store was built in your area, pow, it was packed and full etc etc.

THAT"S something worth buying. Is anyone beating a path to have Fish do their windows? Why or why not?

then why pay that much to be a franchisee, WHAT do they have that is so unique the customer cant wait to have?

?

My point exactly

Mmmm, Krispy Kreme! How I miss those free donuts.

fish came to my area several years ago and only last about 6months, they were cheaper and there quality sucked. The ladies spent 25k on it