Broken leg/knee. Solo-op... How do you do it?

So your saying it was an optical illusion… I guess i should of searched a little longer for him then! Dang now I feel real bad!

1 Like

@walkthruglass whats your plans, now?

So it was a fairly thick coating. Whos counting?

1 Like

If it’s only you it’s a job. if your not there nothing gets done. Business over!

no, an employee lost in a snowdrift is still an employee…they’re just lost in a snowdrift.
it happens all the time here. be sure to shout loudly before leaving the area “ok we’re all done for today. see you in the morning.” otherwise you may be liable for overtime.

5 Likes

There’s no over time if there’s no proof…right :sweat:

1 Like

I’ve been doing sub work a bit in the winter, so I’ll suck it up and give it a go. I’ll be looking to hire at some point if it doesn’t heal, but I need more routework, as most of what I do is residential.

2 Likes

Be safe out there, and keep us updated on the leg\knee.

3 Likes

If you need some extra income to tide you through this and you can still drive, perhaps driving an Uber could help. A friend of mine makes good money with it and you only work when you want.

2 Likes

I was looking into Uber last night. Looks like I can make up to $500/wk, which would help.

Tried two storefronts today on crutches, and it was slow, so back home icing the knee.

Big house with storms tomorrow. May have to bail on it…

Sorry for that happening man. One of my fears. Might be wise for a few of us to take the advice you’ve been given preemptively.

3 Likes

Wise move…

1 Like

I strongly recommend staying at home until you are capable.I’ve been in your position as im sure a lot of folks on here have.I hate staying at home as much as the next guy but trust me its worth it.

2 Likes

was quoted a policy that will pay $2,500 a month if your disabled

$89 a month the policy would last until age 67

Just something to think about if your not covered by workers comp or if you hurt yourself doing something else at least you have some protection.

Amount is based off your net not gross and how long of exclusion period you want. If you want the policy to kick in sooner you pay more if your willing to wait 60-90 days much cheaper

3 Likes

Can you PM who carries the policy. Thanks

Plus one, @CAS :slight_smile:

Sure waiting for the email with quote etc

1 Like

I hate that for you. My advice for the future is to obtain disability insurance. I have a policy that pays $1,400 a month if I can’t work and it cost me $55 a month. I can’t live entirely on that but it’s worth it to me for the peace of mind.

4 Likes

Disability is definitely well spent money. I pay 140.00 a month, and it I’ll give me 2,500.00 a month with no waiting period,work related or not, work or play. If injury is career ending, I get 2,500.00 a month till 65 yrs old.

3 Likes

@Steve and @redant could either of you Pm me the company information who you have your policy through. Thank you in advance.