Busier than ever before!

How many fliers have you put out?

Window Cleaning flyer 2.docx (38.7 KB) made them myself, its nothing fancy. like I said budget it tight.Window Cleaning flyer 2.docx (38.7 KB)

Honestly I haven’t put out nearly enough flyers as I would like. I targeted a few nice neighborhoods and put out like 125 flyers. I know Ideally 25k-50k flyers would be the best but that’s just not possible right now.

Heck 1000 fliers would be a huge improvement.

I would agree, 1k flyers would be a great improvement.

Get a price on some single flyer inserts for your local paper. Much easier getting them out and they go to people who actually read the paper because it’s local news.
As far as a budget goes - I have spent my last dollar more times than I will ever care to remember to make the phone ring. Best time is now, make it happen!!!

Good idea I’ll have to look into that.

You can print at Staples for 8 cents a piece. $80.00 for 1000. I would ad some type of price. 10% off doesnt tell them anything. 10% off of what? I used $10 off or $15 off. Even though they don’t know the actual price, they still get the idea they are saving $10… Just a thought. And you do need to put out way more than 125 flyers.

I was thinking of changing the 10% off deal. I think $15 off sounds good, then I won’t be taking off $30, $20 or $40 from original price.

Just sent an email to the local news paper about placing a flyer in there paper. Hope they get back to me soon.

Jmo but $15 off means nothing on a 3000 sqft and larger home. This is where the % matters(unless your willing to clean these type of homes at the living-social-or-groupon-going-cut-throat-kinda-rates for roughly $1.70 per window.

Another great point! $1.70 a window…that ship would sink FAST!

Hey Brain you need to put out at least 1000 flyers to get the feel of your market.
I would put a price point in the flyer some where so your readers have an idea what
your 10%-15% or $10-$20 discount is pertaining to.
As many on here have stated you dont want the people that are price shoppers
only…there’s [B][I]always[/I][/B] someone who will under bid you.
[B][I]You need to find a way to stand out from the other window cleaners in your area!!![/I][/B]

The sad thing is that the idiots who were saved in the life boats go on to start their own wc businesses and do the very same thing. Such a vicious cycle. I am still eager to learn how to charge $1.70 per window and still make $600 per hour. Hey Kev, I didn’t see that chapter in your book…

Also the % will always be relevant on smaller homes

With only 1000 flyers would it be best to distribute them myself to mostly nicer neighborhoods? or put them in the local news?

Distribute them yourself first. Do it every month until you can afford other types of advertising.

Brian it sounds like for you it would be more cost effective to put them out yourself,until you have a larger marketing budget.

That’s what I’ll be doing then, I can spend the $80 for 1000 flyers at staples. HUGE thanks to every one and there suggestions it’s greatly appreciated.

Post your design here and get it critiqued before you have them printed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk