Cargo Trailer (WFP) setup w/Tank (Newbie)

Very True! That’s great info! Would there be any recommendations on size/brand or type? Do I need pressure hose? If so that’s very expensive for 300ft :dizzy_face:

well in theory yes but that would depend on the shape. 2 fifty gallon would be easier to get in (and out if required) and 20 five gallon can go flat on the floor.
on a trialer or a half ton you can have the whole floor covered with connected jugs strapped down individually.
a strong enough attachment for a 5 gallon jug is no where near strong enough for a 100 gallon jug and in accident the larger tank will almost certainly bust lose and explode its contents.
put your other gear on top using a false floor or leve an aisle in between rows of jugs.
when you try to measure chopped vegtables in a cup the smaller they are chopped the more you can fit in the cup! so if a have 200 gram chopped small and 200 grams chopped in 2 pices only 1 of wich will fit in the cup measure you get half air.

1 Like

That’s all i was suggesting… “theory” :wink:

Bladder Pillow Tanks | Husky Portable Containment I got 100 gal one . Works great!

1 Like

Happen to have a picture you could share of your setup?

Save yourself $200 and purchase a Shurflo pump and the flow controller separately (you are basically paying $200 extra for a mounting plate). You could then spend the other $200 on a custom low profile water tank.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I will do just that! Should I go with a 100 psi shurflo pump or 60? Would you also have a reconmendation on which controller to purchase? Thanks!

100 psi pumps are the way to go :+1:. This is a flow controller I made for our van set up. Works great, the control board was found on Amazon and the case is just an empty electrical outlet.

1 Like

It looks to me as if the price of the controller has doubled since I purchased mine in 2014. I would call John Lee to see if there is one that is not shown in the WCR store, as you can purchase the identical controller on Ebay for $110 euros (these must be made in the UK and RHG and others are rebranding them). My pump is a Shurflo 60psi 1.8gpm and I’ve only ever had to run the controller at 45 (which is probably about 30psi +/-). Originally I had my controller, battery, and pump all mounted on the tank. After about a year I moved the controller back by the door of my trailer so it was easy to access.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Very helpful! I’ll be ordering everything I need and dont have already next week. First applying some color to match our logo and instead of paint I’ve used a solid stain+sealant to protect the interior wood floor and walls. Still have a lot of work to do like adding shelves and black trim but like the process so far. Here r some pics. Can’t wait to get this beauty loaded with fresh gear!

3 Likes

Great! Thank you so much for the quick reply! Def. Ordering 2 shurflo pumps next week. Will get all the details on the controller as well. Been a long process and not close to getting it up and running but i know it will be worth it in the end… Thanks again! Also any info on what reel hoses would be sweet! :grinning:

If you use 100psi pumps all you need is 5/16 hose. I know some guys want to use bigger on here these days but in the years we’ve been using this set up I don’t see the need. We use the reels at HD or Lowe’s for electrical cords and keep about 120’ of 5/16 on each reel. Use JohnGuest quick connects and you can quickly clean windows a few minutes after pulling up to the job. Fast, efficient and non complicated, especially after you start adding employees.[quote=“NinjaWindows, post:30, topic:41356, full:true”]
Awesome! Thanks for the info! Very helpful! I’ll be ordering everything I need and dont have already next week. First applying some color to match our logo and instead of paint I’ve used a solid stain+sealant to protect the interior wood floor and walls. Still have a lot of work to do like adding shelves and black trim but like the process so far. Here r some pics. Can’t wait to get this beauty loaded with fresh gear!

[/quote]

1 Like