Cement roof tiles

Right the slipping of the wood was my original concern.

Sent from my HTC One X using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

It’s a big worry for me when doing solar panels, I have not broken 1 yet(knock on wood) but they are some what brittle. Just like mexican tile aka saltillo there baked in the sun(clay) and some are just not as strong as others.

Walk I the bottom four in inches of the tile and you’ll be fine. I’m 6foot 1inch and 270 lbs and have only broken 1 tile in 5 years of solar panel cleaning. And If you do crack one they are VERY easy to replace.

Walk on the crack, not the center of the tile. But I would explain that we do this often and know what to do but they can crack. I would let them decide if they want me to risk cracking a tile on their dime or it’s probably easiest if they are that concerned to just skip the 2 windows. I wouldnt go to great lengths for these 2 windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I use the platforms on true curved clay tiles…tiles don’t break…I don’t slip. If your pitch is too steep, then don’t do it. I weigh 225 + -

Nice whiskey Pete. I’m thinking about making some but probably add some grip tape.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

yeah…grip tape…if you can get it to stick…and or…spray paint and throw some sand on it to make it rough…my feet stick pretty good to the wood though…I thought about cutting out some handles with a scroll saw…it would make them easier to carry up. Its a pita…but one of those…“have to do situations” on some homes.

Thank you for the pictures!

Sent from my HTC One X using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

It better be your first, concern.
If you get out there walking around and start cracking tile, it’s gonna cost you BIG!
And if the customer doesn’t have extras laying around, it maybe hard to find the right match.
So ask the client if they have extra tile, before taking the job.

I did a qoute yesterday for a non-pressure roof clean, and of course it was tile.
I use to walk 'em, now clean them from ladders takes alittle longer than normal to clean but
I have the reassurance of no breaks and leaking of roofs.

Sorry for dropping out here; this is the update. I was prepared to use some kind of wood plank to do the work. When I responded to the customer’s concerns, I simply stated that we were used to walking on tile and that I was concerned about wood being a slip hazard. He was fine with that and the job is scheduled. Thanks for all the input gang. Helpful as always.