Change Hydrophobic to Hydrophilic with Bronze wool?

Thanks Matt awesome observation! This will help Me a lot!

I didn’t know this thread was here. Sorry about that. Nonetheless the reason why this is happening is because the wool is removing most hydrocarbon pollution which makes glass hydrophobic. There are polishing compounds that do the same thing. Also there are acids that react with glass that remove the pollution and also eat into the surface making it more rough and increasing the surface area for active wetting. So it becomes very hydrophylic. I never suggest using such an acid. Also polishing glass in this fashion will also make it very “scratch sensitive”! So not necessarily the best thing to do either. But. If we could find a very good hydrophylic sealant we could use that after a “hydrophylic scrub”. The correct one should render the glass not just hydrophylic but also much more scratch resistant. I am in the process of researching this question and the physics and chemistry that would go into such an answer. The information regarding the exact products to use will be available in the Glass Smart Insider. Your edge in the window cleaning industry.

Henry
[email protected]