Changing DI Resin on Wash It Pro

Its time to change our DI for our Wash It Pro System. This is the first time we will be doing this. Our other system is an IPC Hydrocart that just has the DI cartridge. Ive never dealt with Resin or changing it… any good tips, video, advice?

My advice: don’t do what I did.

http://windowcleaner.com/t/wash-it-maintenance/33086

1 Like

Hey Kyle,

Here is a great video from our friend Mark Strange. He does a great job showing how to change the filters.

2 Likes

Ok that was funny

@Alex can you ship me one of those 5 gallon pales of Resin. I think you have my CC on file.

Yes sir

1 Like

I have found that if the filter housing is to tight, just use hot water on housing unit where threads are and try loosening keep using hot water until it loosens up. I do this also with my DI tank also, the difference being I can fit the DI tank in my laundry basin sink and let the hot water run on the lid until it loosens.

1 Like

mark’s video covers it well, it’s really simple even with no instructions. take it apart dump refill put it back together.
watch out for:
the rubber washer sometimes it is lind of stuck but may fall off when you’re not looking so take it off and keep track of it.
the filter wrench may have instructions for loosening and tightening directions which some have said are wrong (it’s not but the di filter is mounted upside down and and most put the wrench on right side up which is actually wrong side up lol) all filters are standard lefty loosy righty tighty thread.
the housing is full of water or if you drain it it may still be wet and will be messy.
something else i don’t think he mentions though is in my cartridge there is a sediment filter inside to keep the resin from flushing right through the system.

@Kyle When it comes to maintenance, the Wash-iT Pro is very user friendly. While you’re at it, you should check your carbon/sediment filter. It’s a cheap costing filter but it’s the first line of protection of your RO membrane. Helps remove the chlorine and physical particle in the water.

1 Like

We change our Carbon/Sediment filters out on all waters carts every 4 weeks.

1 Like

@Kyle liked your post. That’s written confirmation that he approves the purchase. :smile:

3 Likes

You know I’m making millions cleaning glass, I guess I can fulfill everyone’s supply order as well.

2 Likes

just changed my Resin for the first time… no problems, was very simple.

1 Like

@Skipper I had some guy from Jamaica call yesterday offering to give me a $20,000 line of credit. I can give your personal information to him and I am sure he can take care of you :joy:

i can help you soon skipper a guy from nigeria emailed me, i’m getting 5 million, just waiting for it to show up in my bank account.

1 Like