Changing Wagtail Rubber

Ok, After the edges of my wagtail rubber burning out on me after only about 5 or 6 hours of use and streaking everywear, I am trying to turn the rubber around to use the other side.

How do you do it?

I was able to get the rubber out after pulling for a while but cant get it all the way back in. I’ve fooled with it for almost an hour now. I’ve tried to pry open the middle. I came close to stabbing myself in the eyeball after my screwdriver came out of the groove as I was trying to pry it open. The channel is all dinged up from screwdriver marks and I still cant get the rubber all the way in.

Can someone please post a tutorial on how to change out the wagtail rubber safely?

get the rubber a little wet. a little soap couldn’t hurt either.

Hopefully you’ve added a chapter to your safety manual devoted to eyeball safety!

Glad you’re okay, though.

I added a little soap and water in the channel and that helped. Had to wipe the end of the rubber dry so I could grip it.
Thanks Alex.

I use needle nose pliers. I also soak em in beer.

Then I fry em.,

yeah, it’s a pain

I dont drink beer:confused:

Would Kahlua work ?

yeah but they’d taste like coffee after that.

Maybe then it would help me with my habit.

Might look strange when I lick my squeegee though:p Its not like I haven’t thought of it.

Pull the rubber out with a little strength, my 12 year old daghter can change the rubber. To replace the rubber (or turn it around) add a little detergent if you can’t get it past the dimple.

N-E-E-D-L-E N-O-S-E P-L-I-E-R-S

use em

Note* 12 year old Australian girls are often stronger than cry baby American men. Especially the girls who grow up around the Out back or Northern Territory.

Must be the water.

:slight_smile:

No Phil - it’s because the dingos eat the weak ones!:smiley: