Charge is too expensive

Must be very diligent about investing wisely into a pool that only you contribute into.

Poor guy , sounds house poor . NEXT !!

3 Likes

speaking of craigslist, just did a bid on an exterior for $125 (my current minimum), simple-one level cookie cutter home in a 55+ community, and he said a guy on craigslist came and did them for $65 and inside and outside was $100. I told him if he liked the work that’s a steal of a price. I’m cleaning it this friday and it is set as a quarterly with the 3 neighbors right next to him…
I’d rather never have a customer than lose money because of fear.
@GenaroGuzman have a clinet in Spnaish Trails that is now 2 months behind and called to inform me that she’s afraid she’s going to be homeless because she’s behind on everything. I feel for her but the house and rang rover and etc. are a fascade. I am grateful for an awesome wife that manages the funds wisely, we’re not rich but we can go to the lake and enjoy life.

2 Likes

He did say what it’s worth to him. What the house keeper makes. So, he probably pays his house keeper 100 -150 or so a day. If even that , but for argument sake let’s go with 20 an hour.

Oh I would of had fun with this condescending idiot.

@Garry how dare you want to make more than the housekeeper

4 Likes

Ha, I had a guy screech to a halt in his Audi Q7 in a comml parking lot, run up to me and say how much do you charge per hour???

what is the deal with this guy, i ask him do you want me to work hourly for you or something?

No, I just hired a WC’er and do you know what he made per hour? 156 per hour!!! 156!!!

I look at him and go yeah, so?

he gets all irritated and walks back to his car, and I say you could try so and so company . . .

don’t they do garbage work?? and I shrug my shoulders

he gets back in his AUdi in a huff and speeds off . . .

:rofl:

2 Likes

Ha, men, they’re generally the worst customer and terrible customer fit

:grinning: :wink:

2 Likes

You should have said “that’s a great deal , I don’t charge less than 200 an hour “ :laughing:

6 Likes

Very beneficial for business owners that have more than one source of income. Pay yourself the bare minimum in payroll taxes and then pay yourself the rest in quarterly draws. The ROI in an IRA, SEC account is far beyond your contribution to SS.

2 Likes

Only there aloud to make money. How dare the window cleaners an power washers , and any who he believes is beneath his level of society make good money.

He can go blank himself , I don’t stand for these types for a second. I always put them in there place. I have no problem letting them know I’m entitled to make a good living too pal.
Sorry if it’s through a career you deem beneath you.

4 Likes

Good one !! He also could of said “ Welll … was he a high school kid just making summer money ? Or was he a legitimate business owner with over heads like Commercial car insurance , Liabilty insurance , Health Care insurance costs , Advertising costs , Accounting costs , Office costs , ect ect …

If so then ya … you got a good price so be on your way big man. Oh and let’s not forget the guy who’s legitimate Has to put aways for a retirement income. Just think of it as a tip like when you go out to eat, he probably just included in the price like some restaurants do.
Have a good day pal.

2 Likes

Raise your hand if you’ve stopped trying to justify your pricing to cheap customers.
Pennsyltucky

11 Likes

Present :raised_hand:

Hey Ron , i used to see it everyday when I was in banking . Guys having a nice BMW or Maserati and with 18 cents in their bank account . Or girls with a log of nice clothe they bought and when can they return them and not pay a penny . The funniest one I saw was a guy that had a Bentley , but would couch surf because he couldn’t afford rent . People that have fancy stuff don’t impress me , you want to impress me . be genuinely nice to people and do things for them with out expecting anything in return

8 Likes

The other guy was half your price

I’m doing the exterior Windows while the other guy is here :rofl::rofl::rofl:. AKA the last guy

Guarantee they don’t rinse the hose fdown

1 Like

When a customer tells me I’m too much, like I’m insane for charging that much, I get excited. I figure I just dodged a bullet. I also have an immature feeling of inner joy knowing that some day they are going to catch it badly for their mindset.

5 Likes

I had a similar experience recently - another bullet dodged there.

I don’t have a problem with somebody thinking we’re too expensive because they don’t want to make that trade. I do have a problem when it is obviously a class issue. It’s as if there are people who think we’re supposed to go to work with the intention of being poor - that’s the core reason it’s annoying.

4 Likes

Yep, I’m cool if people have a budget and they just want someone cheaper because they can’t afford me. I get it, I don’t always hire/buy the best, but I try to when it makes sense. Everyone just has different value systems.

3 Likes

Plus ∞. People who tell me I’m out of their budget get a very different reaction than those who say I’m “overpriced”. Thankfully it’s an issue I don’t seem to come across often in my market.

5 Likes

I once had a retired Attorney tell me…“I didn’t make what you make an hour when I was an attorney.” I wanted to say…“Well you should have cleaned windows!”

Honestly I don’t remember how I responded. I was laughing inside though.

1 Like

I would have said , “yeah that’s why I dropped out of law school” , :joy:

5 Likes