Closing Sales Percentage

Bingo we have a winner ^^ !

With time and seasonality of the residential window cleaning market you must capitalize on EVERY opportunity that arises.

• use supply and demand to your advantage

• use holiday events to your advantage

The list goes on and on, don’t be afraid to push your pricing beyond what you think a customer would be willing to pay. (people hate doing windows)

Don’t forget you are not your target market!

One last thing to consider if you push that pricing ceiling up, you can be your “target market” with time and dedicated effort.

5 Likes

Hey, congrats on your success. If you’re hitting $100/pmh consistently, then you’re doing something right. Probably a few somethings right, lol.

I’d say my closing rate on referrals has to be in the high 90’s, as well. People who contact us without a referral, probably low 70’s or less.

Try and track the two separately. That’ll give you a clearer picture and will receive less negative feedback when you decide to share it with other business owners who are used to seeing lower closing rates :wink:.

That said, I honestly don’t think it would hurt to just bump your prices up another 10-20% for all new leads, just for a test period of a month or so. You’re in a perfect position to take a small risk like that. If it doesn’t work out, or you find you’re losing too much work when calls slow down, you can always drop prices to where they were.

I honestly think there’s a tinge of jealousy from some seasoned professionals who struggle to hit $100/hr and high closing rates simultaneously. Myself included, lol. We wish to live vicariously through your success :clap:

3 Likes

Thank you @Infinity That was a great post to read today!
Today is my first born son’s 5th birthday!
Taking the day off and spending time with him doing whatever he wants!

Anyway, I would agree with your suggestions, most of my customers have been word of mouth in some way shape or form. 211/212 (yes that is the real number) 99.528302% return rate

The ones that were not come from me working at Ace Hardware - they have money and respect my knowledge I have given them for repairing their houses. They instantly book on quote. 29/31 for a 93.5%

The rest have been from google and yelp (37) as of now and I have booked 32/37 of them that is roughly at 86.5%

All equaling 272/280 which leaves me currently at 97.1% return rate on residential.

Now store fronts are a different story

I currently have 6/10 who have called me for a quote that’s 60%

And 5/20 for the ones I’ve just walked in and dropped one off… that’s 25%

All store fronts 11/30 with a grand tots of 36.6% return on store front

Hey did I mentions I’m way cheaper on store front? The problem seems to be these employees that “wash” the windows already… although the windows always seem to be filthy.

As a whole total we have 283/310 jobs giving me $50-$120 PMH with a 91.3% return rate!!!

I’m still happy, I’ll look into tasing my prices by 10-25% for either this year or possibly next.

I did realize though doing this break down, I need to get my ass out there and quote more store fronts…

Boom!!!

An you don’t have to do it all at once. Never forget that.

Do like Alex says all new non referrals.
Supply an demand !!

1 Like