Concrete on Windows

What wasn’t cool???
I posted a real fix and within a min Ken jumps on basically rebutting my info BECAUSE in his area he has plastic frames, there are ZERO plastic frames here, I am just meant assume that the rest of the world uses plastic to frame their windows when the OP isn’t on the same continent as you guys and your telling him to use WD 40 which you might as well just piss on the glass to the difference WD will do against concrete.

Honestly zzz

1 Like

I did not rebut to anything. I merely said that in my area most new windows had plastic frames and you came back with what I thought was kind of a rude response but hey good day sir

I’m not sure why you seem so hostile today Steve. To my knowledge we have never had a problem and I wasn’t discounting your information only commenting to point out that it might not be the best solution in all areas . I was also interested in finding out whether the one poster actually had experience with WD-40 because I didn’t understand how it would work either which is why I made the second post.

Just suggestion. Use a plastic scraper or ceramic scraper next time it might be faster. Along with the concrete titain remover.

Damn. Set him straight. Your harsh.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am saying that your response was curt and not cool, (which has been a contentious subject on this forum as of late) whether you have the ability to realize that or not does not change it.

Since you took it as some sort of personal dig from the mention of plastic - perhaps you should have just taken a breath or two to realize it was not a rebut against you, but an addition to the conversation - which, by the way, covers more than one continent, so others are able to feed off the subject as well.

I do not have a chemical makeup degree to explain why, but WD-40 has in fact helped loosen cement and stucco in some cases. Not only pointed out here but on other forums as well.

So yea, your sharp response is not cool by forum rules.

so you have actually used it garry i wasn’t sure?

I have when I had nothing else in the van to use. It was relatively fresh (within a couple of weeks) and it took a couple of applications, but it did work for me. Not like a product that is specifically meant for the job, but I got the job done.

Marcus, a plastic scraper can get bits of grit lodged in the plastic, right? That could spell disaster for further use of the scraper.

1 Like

Yeah. Depends on the severity of it. Just a thought/option. All that matters the job got done and you got paid.:+1:

Here 95% of the frames are in metal.
But I appreciate your interest in this question, both @Steve076 and @cactus27. Honestly!

1 Like

Some companies do put a protective cover as standard on the windows/frames before they leave the factory.Unfortunately most contractors or builders never think to ask to make sure protective covers are placed on them before they arrive on site.

1 Like

Hi! For concrete on the glass I use mix - water and 2 to 3 drops of dish soap. Try to spray the window to help lubricate the glass and to prevent scratches. Use a plastic putty knife to scrape the softened concrete from the window. It’s helpfull.

I often see window protection during the construction phase torn and ripped in places and no further protection done to keep contaminants from getting attached to the glass. So, some start out trying to do the right thing, but the general workers don’t follow up when needed or don’t have replacement covering when that happens. Tough to see brand new windows cluttered with debris, then we get called to fix what should have been prevented in the first place.

1 Like

Exactly!

I had installed a lot of windows, and never saw protection on the glass. frames was often covered and the whole window in plastic, but thats just for transport and storage protection. You have to move the plastic for installation. And many Times the Windows had scratches before we installed it, especielly welux windows. Often light, but sometimes deeper.

What a waste of :moneybag:

1 Like

One Restore,
Squirt on concrete this will break it up then blade off.

The OP mentioned they “had a job to do tomorrow”, what would your suggestion be for an alternative to pick up right away?

I mean the plastic protective sheets many painters use.