Customer not paying, what to do?

I was implying if windows have hard water stains or condensation in-between the glass we can’t guarantee those cleaned, may I should’ve worded it better

1 Like

Ok understood, the correct phasing would be, not responsible for condensate between panes due to cracked vacuum seals

1 Like

For me $430 I felt was on the high end :joy:

How much would you have charged. $600?

Then again I underestimated this job

Where you only doing the 3rd floor windows , why not all the building windows ?

They wanted only the 3rd story windows

Ok so that leads me to understand that they already have a window cleaning guy that does the 1st and 2nd floor and he said he couldn’t do them . So they called you to professionally clean them , not just kinda clean them them but done professionally.

2 options you have here

Tell them thank you for the opportunity, and I feel terrible that I couldn’t meet your standards

Or rent a 24-28 foot ladder , get a helper and knock it out in a day .

But just take it as a lesson learn , happens to all of us

1 Like

In my area of rural Mississippi and Tennessee, I charge $300 for 1 story, 400-600 for two stories $700+ for three story. Each house is different, but I have a number of homes that I have charged up to $3000. lol took me three days to get that $3000 done solo. What is going to help you understand the price, is think about how much they have spend on buying those windows in first place. Windows are incredibly expensive. Installed a simple window would cost 500 to 1000 bucks now times that by 38 windows. Nearly 40k, now knowing that, do you really think $400 or $500 is fair?

1 Like

I wouldn’t even address condensation on my estimates .if I’m doing an estimate ,an they’re there, it’s easily explained and it’s common sense there is nothing a window ckeaner can do about failed seals.

1 Like

When people say that, you need to remember and use this line, it works “ I’m sorry, I am not interested in just 3rd story windows, it simply not profitable enough for my business. If that line, doesn’t work, you need to move on, because those people do not care about you or your business

1 Like

Or it would suggest that the customer may only tenant the 3rd floor and wants clean windows now, rather than waiting for the building scheduled maintenance clean.

Not really sure what a replacement cost of a window has to do with cleaning it… its 38 panes of glass 30 feet in the air, anyone with a decent WFP set up would smash it out in 2-3 hours if not less.

It’s just helps to understand the mindset of people understand the value. If you have a $40-$100k car, do you go to coin car wash? Not likely, understanding the value of a client windows helps set a fair price. And no not everyone with a wfp can do 3 stories houses. First of all, you need 40’ pole to clean 30’ windows. Also you have to fully understand the process, because you can not see a speck from 30’ below, helps to have a spotter inside the house.

This isn’t a house this a commercial building, who the customer is more than likely a tenant. So the value of the windows isn’t relevant, they just want the windows where their business offices are to have clean windows.

Not a residential? Commercial :rofl::rofl:$483my smallest commercial clients who run a smoothie shop, pay more for window cleaning than that,

Lol you’re making me look like fish

Not a fish, but I think your focus on the wrong type of clients. Example they want to pay less than $500 for a one time cleaning right? However a smoothie shop needs their window clean every two weeks at $30. That $60 per month x 12 month = $720 per year. Smoothie shop will only take you 10 minutes per cleaning. Who would you rather work for? $500 one time cleaning or $30 every two weeks? Get 10 or 20 shop like that, now you have a business. I have nearly 100 commercial clients, average 4K in storefronts, not including residential accounts, almost never had to get on a ladder, but when I do I charge them for it, because I rather do the windows on the ground

1 Like

1 $500 job.

$120 is my minimum so.
when you calculate all the driving for that $740 you will find you will spend a chunk of that on travel and fuel

Lol, valid point, I have a $300 minimum residential minimum. However, with the smaller jobs they stack together making the daily total to about $500 per day. The secret is getting as many jobs close together and at the same time. I started off with just a few $20 and $40 monthly accounts. Now I have accounts that are $100 - $400 every month. The more you clean, the more people see you and want you to clean their windows.

$500/day?

Tried that like 8 years ago, didn’t work out, since I moved out of town its like a 1hour round trip so storefront isn’t worth my time.
85% of my work is residential, on Monday I start an old folks home $3400 for 4 days work, cant complain lol

1 Like

It’s all good I just landed a 950 commercial one that will take me and 2 guys about 2 hours maybe 3 if we take our time lol.

There’s always more around the corner