Da-Components Bronze Wool Tool

My pleasure. EDIT: Not using the side to side bolt. Using longer bolt and butterfly nut.

I was a little worried about it sticking out too far when I do upstrokes with my WFP and it hitting the head of the casing/frame. But I’ve never had a problem. What’s nice is I can throw other things (ie scraper) on there if needed too.

1 Like

Its looks like you are using the original lever, you just replaced the bolt with a longer one to accommodate the threaded attachment. Is this correct?

This plastic pad holder looks very light weight but I don’t think its euro threaded.

I personally tried the unger holder and wasnt a huge fan. Its heavier and I didnt like that the pad wouldnt cover the entire surface. Maybe buy different pads etc. idk. Also I like to use steel wool sometimes if I want a little more scrubbing power and the wool gets caught in the velcro like in your photo above, then rust happens. The surface area has not been a huge factor for us, I do agree a larger surface area would be nice. I prefer the way the pad is held on, tight and snug easy to change.

Yes, that’s exactly what I did. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

The good thing is that Gardiner Reach Around has two attachments. One Euro and one Standard. You could use either.

1 Like

I think as long as you’re getting the job done in a way you like, that’s what’s important. Everyone will have preferences which will differ, and no one way or tool is right, imo. (added edit). I was just sharing my thoughts on that specific tool. Like getback, I wasn’t trying to be mean or hate unnecessarily on any one product. I appreciate you sharing so much information regardless, because I do learn a lot from you.

1 Like

This is how we put it on the reach around.

Those are nice herman. If it was me, I’d hope for a little more surface coverage.

Yes you are right you can put what ever size you like.
But you can change over in a second.

That’s the one I made,I thought Darren’s was a lot more professional though.

2 Likes