Deleted

Deleted

If that is all that he wants, a little spending money, keep a low overhead (small monthly frugal living expenses), no great effort to do more than a handful of small jobs within a small working radius - then, yea, it can work.

2 Likes

I don’t know in $ for your area but setting customer expectations is smart for any strategy. If the customer doesn’t feel it is right then be passing them onto a friendly competitor.

The more window cleaners I work with the less I believe most of us are competing directly with each other. I have never had work taken off me by another local cleaner - I’m sure it will happen but I’m thinking we’re really competing with the frustration somebody experiences cleaning their own windows aka we’re competing with this very large group of very bad window cleaners!

2 Likes

I ended up rephrasing the question, thank you @Garry @Fenster-Journeyman for your responses

1 Like

One possible problem is how you get your payments.

It’s okay for me to not get paid by a customer for a month or three on my monthly jobs because I know they’re good to pay if I have not forgotten to put in an invoice. The ones that get away are soon noticed and they fall off my job list - I don’t make a fuss about them and this is 1 out of 100 jobs.

In a large city or some parts this sort of interaction isn’t available but business is easy in small communities.

50k is reasonable for somebody starting if you put in the work. Persistence!

1 Like

I can see the potential of it working - I can also see the potential of it being a burden to round up enough customers to eek out a living.

You could do a “campaign” of targeting certain neighborhoods each week Let homeowner know that on a monthly basis - say first week of the month - you will be working streets “A” to streets “F”, 2nd week of the month you can do the same to homeowners on streets “G” to street “L” (just making up street names, but you get the idea). When those weeks come around again let them know you are available again. They might get used to the idea of your rotation. Thing is for like in my area I generally work a congested city of 600,000+ people. Trying to get enough on a regular maintenance schedule is tough. I imagine if stone cold dropped my prices to rock bottom levels I might pick up a few more “regulars” but still even with rock bottom prices that everyone could afford I would be hard pressed to earn a decent living. There are so many people that work for scratch and can’t get enough customers to buy every week - well, lawn service does, but they charge a monthly fee - :::BAM::: there you go! Give the “Lawn service plan” a go. For a monthly fee you will come by every other week and dussy up the windows. First clean will be a pain but after that it will be easy-peasy. Ah, I don’t know. Window cleaning is a luxury service as is house cleaning, or yacht cleaning, or detail my Bentley, or do my shopping service - so be sure to charge what clothes/feeds/houses/insures/and affords you a couple vacations per year.

2 Likes

Thank you @Garry

Thank you @Fenster-Journeyman

1 Like