DI Tank plumbing

Hi there

I’m looking to see how I can plumb my Di tank more “effectively” since right now it has like 6inches of connections per side (Pressure regulator, QC’s, ball valve)

I was watching Seth’s video of his van setup, which is sweeeeet, and the fittings on his tank are going up (vertically) and mine looks like a plane with wide wings.

I’m not sure if I want to mount it permanently on the van or make it portable, like in a dolly or hand truck.

I’m asking not for being lazy, just trying to save me from several trips to the hardware store to return wrong pieces.

If somebody has the time to take a few pictures or write a little bit about that, it will be very well received.

BTW is only a 1/2 cubic foot tank.

Muchas Gracias
Carlos

Carlos,

What fittings are supplied on the tank on its own? Female pipe threaded about 3/4" or something else?

Shawn, I don’t know if this is what are you trying to get, but here it goes:

Received tank with the machined head, and later a coupler which “seems” to be male 5/8 or 3/4 I don’t know, and the other side I have yey another female 5/8 (I guess) with a swivel built it.

Did I mention that I have no idea about this ?

Thanks and sorry for the poor responses, that why I was looking more for a visual aid. Don’t enjoy spreading my dumbness on this matter all over the place :slight_smile:

Carlos

I believe you have 3/4 … If it helps our plans for our systems will be out in less than a week… I will email you a pre preview before it hits the public so you can gather some plumbing ideas for it. I can have that to you by the end of the week.

I knew that you’d show up :slight_smile:

Yeah, I suck big time with these things. Usually I deal with it on my own, but I’m tired of buying the wrong stuff and as I grow older the less patience I have - so is wise to look for advice when you know your limitations. Is cold outside and HD is a 20 min drive.

Thanks Chris.

Cool… Just hang until Friday and I will send you some good stuff you will like.

Thank you and say thanks to Bill too !

Here’s some pic’s that might help.

Perfect Pane
Los Alamitos, CA.

That’s way cool man !

Is your setup or just a pic you found ?

If is your I’d love to see some more pics and get a description of it’s components from you if you have the time.

Thanks

T

yea those hookups coming out of the side are way cool.

yes, it’s my set-up. Was helping a friend up north who was getting started. #3 is in coming water line, #5 is the in line water meter, and #6 is a 5 micron fitler (adds about 300 gallons of life to the tanks. The quick connects on the outside of the van solved the problem of running hoses through open doors plus it drew alot of curiously from potential customers about D.I. and the benefits. Hope this helps.

Dave. Perfect Pane
Los Alamitos, CA.

yes, it’s my set-up. Was helping a friend up north who was getting started. #3 is in coming water line, #5 is the in line water meter, and #6 is a 5 micron fitler (adds about 300 gallons of life to the tanks. The quick connects on the outside of the van solved the problem of running hoses through open doors plus it drew alot of curiously from potential customers about D.I. and the benefits. Hope this helps.

Dave. Perfect Pane
Los Alamitos, CA.

Hey Dave, do you have more pics of it ?

I really like it and since I have a van too I’d like to see how is the layout to see if I can duplicate that or add some more modifications to it to better fit my needs, but again, it looks way cool.

I truly believe you when you say it’s a conversation starter, and not to mention how professional it looks.

good job man

will take more pic’s, but what do you want to see or what are you looking for…

Dave
Perfect Pane

Hey Dave, this is a thread from last year man :slight_smile:

I’ll love to see everything, nothing in particular, just to have some ideas to implement when I have Chris’ plans for the DIY Di/RO system, that will be mounted in my van

thanks

I found the pics of the van with DI fittings out the side. I am wanting to try this for myself!

http://www.windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/showthread.php5?t=2595

http://www.brodexbms.co.uk/index.php/useful_resources/accessory_installation_video/