DIY Glove Drying Rack

Thought I would share my home made glove drying rack made from what I had lying around the house. Plastic bakery rack I found on the side of the road, plus a duct fan. I use it to dry my atlas gloves which I use for gutter cleaning. Throw them in the sink, spray them off and toss 'em on the rack for a couple of hours and they are nice and dry.

I like to have a bag full of these gloves for a day of gutter cleaning. The rubber dish gloves make my hands sweat like crazy, neoprene gloves get ripped to shreds when from the ladder rope, these rubber palmed gloves seem to work best but they will eventually get wet if there’s a lot of slop in the gutter.

I find that if I have a few pairs, I can switch out when one pair starts to get wet. But the problem was cleaning them and having dry gloves for the next day. Problem solved.

Nice! “Magyver” MacGyver - Intro [HQ] - YouTube

Just in case you don’t know who Mcgyver is.

Storyline

Angus Macgyver is a secret agent with a difference. He is quiet, mild mannered, deeply principled and refuses to carry a gun on his missions. Fortunately, the last detail is unimportant when compared to his astounding mind. Drawing on a vast practical knowledge of science, Macgyver is able to make use of any mundane materials around him to create unorthodox solutions to any problem he faces. The enemies of world peace and justice continually learn that underestimating this man is a fatal mistake for their plans

I’m old enough to know McGyver lol :slight_smile:

The real McGyver is Dale Fuller and Herman Wieland. My McGyverism pales in comparison.

Jesse, you are a dude. I use anything from a Styrofoam cup with the bottom cut out or a three inch piece of pvc to hold the glove open to dry. Your means of air circulation is much better and faster.

You don’t look old enough to know magyver . I wish I wasn’t old enough to know him . Can someone invent something to give me energy that’s healthy an legal .

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the odor in neoprene gloves once your hands start sweating in them?

turn them inside out and wash them in the sink with a little dishsoap and let them dry inside out. Neoprene gets funky for sure.

[MENTION=4338]greenj26[/MENTION]

Nice work Jesse, very clever