DIY RO/DI setup video

I had quite a few messages regarding my setup since I posted it here a few weeks ago, so I thought I would post a quick video showing the system and how things work. So hopefully this answers some of the ?s people had and helps some of the guys who are new to waterfed stuff.
<iframe width=“425” height=“349” src=“YouTube” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>
Disclaimer I don’t claim to be an expert and no I don’t want to give you a parts list and instruction guide. For those who are truly interested, spending time on this forum and the search botton on google will be your best friend:cool:

1 Like

Kudos! Do you foresee ever installing a pump for lower incoming water pressure situations?

Very nice video and DIY system. I can tell you have a engineer background with the way you built it. Is your RO membrane a champion? I see you got your DI filters from US Filter. They have been bought by Siemens again very nice system

Don’t really see adding a pump just yet, I have a 5 gallon tank with rechargable pump and several 6 gal. jerry cans that can keep me portable for now when I work in rural areas- although a back pack is definitely in the near future … the ro is actually an axeon unit- as far as my research has gone it is rated at 2500gpd @ an 80 psi operating pressure, and by the pictures the ipc hydrocart uses the axeon membrane vessel as well( the vessel end caps are very distict/patented). As far as I can tell Axeon is one of the few that have low pressure high flow capabilities and are pretty affordable. I am always open to more input / knowledgeabilities…

You should bring your system to the event this Saturday Paul. I’d love to see it up close.

As i am in the thought of building my own RO/DI system i have a question.
Question is … Why is he only getting down to a low of 6-7 ppm ? Seems like he has a great system that would put out 0 - ppm
If he had a pump running on this unit… Would it give him the 0 - ppm ?
Reason i ask is because i have seen some of the videos where people are getting ( 0 - PPM )
I work mostly in a area where the water is 500 - 700 PPM. I bring my own water from my house which is in the low 100’s to clean the customers windows.

The 6 or 7 reading was before the DI filter. So he’s getting a reading that low after the RO.

Wow Paul,

Well done video, you really have a nack at your presentation ! Your system is definitely a great device, simple but totally top line !

I hope you continue to present new ideas and systems from your bag of tricks, your very modest and truly a level headed guy !

I’d like to see Chris invite you to drop these videos into his dropbox so they can be posted up on the forums front page as a daily video ! Oh yeah…

Keep it rolling Paul your headed for the top of the heap…

Dange

WOW. Great video. You have done a fantastic job of explaining the WFP process, not only to DIY’ers, but to anyone else who ventures along this path. I am impressed. I only wish I knew as much as you did when it came to building this stuff…

Thanks for the comments guys. I will bring it with me saturday Tony-

Very nice work and a smooth comfortable presentation. Congratulations, excellent.

Hey Paul,
Good job making a nice looking system on your own. I understand you’re not looking to dish out all the details as far as a parts list goes, but I’m curious if you’d mind sharing what the total cost to build it was? I’ve been told you can’t get a multi-stage RO/DI system for under $1,000. Did you find that to be true when building yours?