Do you ask customers to move furniture and obstructions before you come out

We move it all. I tell the customer all they need to do when we are there, is to sit back, have a cup of coffee, watch us and prepare to be amazed!!

windowman

Hey Kurt

We basically tell them over the phone if they have anything major in size or value to move it out of the way. Well move couches and stuff occasionally.

Some people just dont have the ability to move things so we work with them the best we can to make everyone happy.

It is very common in the service industry to ask the customer to remove any breakables or valuable items in the way of doing the job… Carpet cleaners, carpet layers, bugmen etc… most all do this. Most customers will do it before you get there, some will remember when you get there and start doing it. Some will move everything. I think it is a good idea to ask when booking the job.

What I was doing before this post is asking everyone to move everything from in front of the windows if possible. I think I’ll just ask them to move any breakables or anything large in size like shelving from now on. Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it.

From the picture you posted - you shouldn’t have to move anything. I find Wagtails + the extension, I can pretty much get past everything thrown at me.

I need to invest in a few wagtails

I’m kicking myself for not ordering a wagtail last time I ordered. I thought about it everytime I bring my pole down to take of the strip washer and put on the squeegee. But what extension are you talking about?

wagtail extension pole angle arm

They’re great! Very versatile.

Worth every cent! Don’t try & imitate it with something you have lying around, this is lightweight, easy store & I have around 4 that I join together to make a short pole. Use both ways round for arm outside window jobs & for pole usuage. They should make you buy this by design when you buy a Wagtail. It makes pole work a breeze. (Anyone having problems with pole-work - buy this).

Do you guys use your Wagtails for everyday squeegies, or do you use them for pole work and to get behind stuff?

I know pianos well enough to know that short of hitting it with your truck at ten miles an hour, there’s no way you knocked it out of tune by “moving it”.

Now, the changes in temp from the spring til now will wreak havoc on a tuning. Thats more than likely the case

We have them prepare the house beforehand. A couple times a year we may move a couch, but usually blinds are up, everything is cleared off the sills and windows.