Do you clean without first notifying?

That’s basically it with me. Monthly jobs are just that they go 1x a month.when I pick up work I never get into when we are going to do it. To much info no need for it unless there asking for it . What week is up to me , an what day I never really had anyone say to me can you please come on he 4th week every month or the 3rd week every month I don’t think ever.

If I do a monthly in the 4th week of the month it won’t get done in the 2nd week he following month. It will either be the 3rd or the 4th.

I don’t know this is the way I have been doing it forever. When I worked for guys they use to get pissed at me for leaving monthly jobs for the last week of the Month

Bi-weekly jobs I try it do the 1st an 3rd week of the month. Whatever day fits.

To me route work needs to be flexible as an owner operated. If I had a guy servicing my route I would want him on a routine for sure, because I know first hand how Tommorrow never comes

I also understand it’s a travling thing if your there a certain week am can’t get back it needs to be done that week

As a matter of fact I’m scrambling today getting monthlies done hectic week. I have one small. House 20 windows an whatever monthlies i could get done.

1 Like

I’ve noticed Jared has a whole treasure trove of them; it’s awesome!

And everyone else has been sharing so much valuable information and encouragement which has already been immeasurably helpful. Thanks so much to you and all the others who truly make this forum a great place!

1 Like

That’s cool. But for me having a 4 week schedule tells me exactly where I’m light and where I’m heavy and what part of town I’ll be in.

I don’t look at the calendar per se, just: this week is route 1, next is route 2, then route 3, then route 4. Oh look route 3 is pretty busy, maybe I should move some of those to route 1. Route 4 is pretty light so that’s the best time for a vacation. I’ll be on that side of town on tuesday so I can fit your house in that afternoon if you like.

I had a few monthly jobs but those drove me nuts. First week of the month might fall into route 3 but it should be in route 2 since I’ll be there that week and now I’ll have to make a special trip… the second week of the month should be in route 4 but it’s floated into route 1… etc

For me, monthly accounts just weren’t efficient not to mention some months might have 5 or 6 “weeks” like next month: do your first week of the month jobs get jammed into friday? That’s technically the first week of the month. You could have a rule that it’s the first full week of the month but then some months the second cleaning will back right up against the next months first cleaning and you could push it but eventually you’ll end up losing a cleaning here and there because the months don’t line up.

It’s what happened to me: lost a couple of cleanings because of the floating month schedule. With a 4 week calendar, I always get 13 (every 4 weeks) or 26 (every 2 weeks) cleanings per year on storefront. It just saves me headache, frustration, and gas from having to make special trips for that one account that needs to be done first week of the month but I’ll be way down south that week…

2 Likes

Epic post.

1 Like

Some awesome advice being dispensed in this thread. Thanks!

2 Likes