Do you usually clean exterior frames?

We charge more for deep cleaning sills. In our basic service we wet wipe the sills which gets everything except the tough corner junk.

Ray-

How much do you charge per window to do all that?

Ray, I think thats great you do all that on every window, im sure customers really appreciate it a lot. I charge for frames, dont do it automatically, ive been thinking of doing the sills everytime,actually i dont know why i dont- that should be automatic, gonna start that tomorrow.

Same. I try not to even get them wet, I just sponge the bottom frame. Unless I see cobwebs or so other obvious crap on the frames.

What about something like this:

and what is your charge per DH?

$11

We clean the frames every time except for wood frames like Ray said. It takes about 30 seconds to clean the frame. On an average house of 30 windows, that 900 seconds or 15 min. My competitors don’t do it. When you compare the two jobs side by side, guess who gets the referral?

I always clean the frames. If not its just something for rain to bounce off of and dirty the windows. i include this as standard in my pricing for window cleaning.

Can’t get that here Tony.

I get it because most other wcers in my area don’t offer my level of service on a DH. That price includes glass, sill cleaning, and screen cleaning w/ Screen Magic. If they have old aluminum screens I drop $1 since I just brush those. (I’ve deep cleaned them before w/ no real improvement in appearance so I don’t waste the time)

same here minus the sm but screens are all cleaned and towel dried. $8 absolute tops(which is rare) for 1 over 1 dh window. I’m thinkin I might be in the $5 per window cleaning capital.

Yeah but you have the sickest looking truck in all of window cleaning! Plus you do houses the rest of us would kill to take a shot at.

Art,

I remember you saying you get 46 per window for those panels with cut ups. And you have a few 2k houses? how can’t u get 11 then?

Those windows are in very large homes(mansions)any where from 2-8 days each.
These windows(1over1 dh) are in, what I refer to as, smaller homes. It doesn’t seem to matter the detail of your service but that the glass itself has been cleaned. $6-$7 inc. screen w/ all the details.

Hey Tony, Thanks man. I have some new additions. Just put airbags in it to support the hitch mounted cargo carrier. Buying a trailer next year and can’t wait to see it wrapped w/ the truck. I finally bit the bullet and bought an R3 max 12v, a simpole 60’, and a gardiner slx 30’. One day I will do a short vid on my setup. It’s ok for now but I will need a trailer soon. Sometimes I wonder if the truck looks too nice when I go to give estimates :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re my hero Art! :wink:

Kurt-

Quick questions since you and I both run maid services also…why would you need to clean interior frames? Exteriors get pretty nasty, but interiors?

Interior frames just get a different level of dirty, but could include fingerprints, food splatters, cat snot, bug crap, paint, cobwebs, etc.

“Clean” is subjective, yes?

I almost fell out of my chair when I read this! Good stuff Larry!