Does dish soap leave a film?

I wasn’t really expecting an answer, you said don’t ask why so I thought that was an invitation to ask why.

ok u got me

More soap yields better glide for me but less soap will yield better results for the customer. MHO

It very well may have more glide. The GG4 has water softeners in it which could inhibit glide. The GG3 doesn’t.

so you’re telling me that I might not be going crazy?..

I’m not opening that can of worms!:eek::wink:

“The squeegee drag reduction (slip) is excellent.”

Yep, that’s the exact quote from the Titan Labs website discription of GG4 but it’s a freakin’ lie. GG4 has no slip or glide whatsoever. That’s why so many of us have to add Dawn, Winsol Super slip, or other brands of glide or slip.

If it wasn’t for the sudsy messy detailing with Dawn I’d use it instead of GG4. I use GG4 with Winsol Super Slip and end up paying much more for the convenience of less detailing.

What’s the TDS of the water you use to fill up? Is it consistent, or is there a wide range?

TDS level around here is 70 to 100 usually.

I’m not gonna get into the debate of whether GG4 or dish soap is better because that’s been done over and over and nobody is ever gonna win that debate.

In fairness to Titan Labs, I will say that GG4 (without added slip) allows excellent slip or glide for straight pulling the squeegee but definitely not excellent glide for fanning.

I’ve been messing around this afternoon with pre-dilluting one oz of Dawn with water in a 16 oz float bottle so I can get an exact measurement for my flip top bottles of solution every time. With a small exact measurement I can cut down on the excess suds and the detailing won’t be too messy.

I’m going back to using Dawn dish detergent. :slight_smile:

Have you ever used GG3, Richard? I figured you might be able to use it as I thought your water was softer in that region.

I will NEVER go back to using Dawn!

At least not this month :smiley:

I had some sample bottles of GG3 and didn’t care for it. I’ve always liked the way Dawn performs but I never did get exact measurements every time back when I used it.

When I saw somebody post about pre-dilluting dish soap in a float bottle I had to give it a try. I’m putting 1 oz of Dawn into a 16 oz float bottle then filling with water. I then fill a 32 oz flip top bottle with water and add 1/2 oz of the dilluted Dawn mix. Works like a charm. Perfect measurement every time. Not messy at all and the best glide you can have.

When I first started out I used Dawn, then very briefly the Unger Pills. I’ve used GG4 for about the past 3 years. I’m gonna switch back to Dawn and just forget about designer soaps and glides etc. It’s really no big deal. They both work well. I’ll just enjoy the wonderful glide that dish detergent allows and cut back on expenses at the same time.

1 Like

I might try useing just Dawn as well, but only a very small amount. No suds.

We’ve been using a 50/50 mix of GG4 and seventh generation dish soap. 1/2 ounce for every 2 gallons of water. Wayne805 turned me on to this ratio. I tried Dawn at first but found the 7th generation better in my humble opinion. I like suds by the way. If you know how to use a squeegee, suds are your friend. GG4 alone is like squeegeing an old chalk board.

what is 7th generation soap?

7th generation is a brand of eco friendly cleaning solutions. Target stocks their dish soap which has no dyes or fragrances. I figure this means less unnecessary stuff in my bucket or on the windows $2.68 a bottle.
By the way I jacked up our prices and we’ve hardly lost any jobs. Maybe even less than when we were cheaper.

thats awesome, So it is target brand soap? And it suds pretty good???

Yeah to the raising the prices…

Seventh Generation is a brand. Also found at most natural food stores.

Dish Soap -Dish Detergent -Dishwasher Detergent -Dishwashing Liquid | Seventh Generation

thanks Larry