Done early today, Nice

Guess its time to do u joints? Glad I only destroyed the u joint itself. Heard horror stories about these when your at speed.

1 Like

Crap! Could have sucked a lot worse! If its 4WD you could probably get away with taking the DS off and getting home with the front axle.

It is four wheel drive, but I’m in little mexico downtown Phoenix and to remove a driveshaft leaves you pretty vulnerable while working on it.
I turned a new leaf a year ago and I’ve had insurance the whole time including roadside. I’ll just wait for them.

5 Likes

That sucks. Yea, I have towing on my insurance. $6.00 and a simple phone call when needed, they are there within the hour. I’ve used it twice and both times it only took 30 minutes.

So got the truck home, drive shaft out, and it’s ruined too. $620 bucks.

1 Like

Ouch.

Yeah get mad, then what? Seems like i just gotta find 30 more storefronts once, and lots of them will turn into monthlies. It’ll work out. Lol

3 Likes

My van broke down twice in one week January. Spent over $1100 for repairs, towing and taxi and had to walk about fifteen minutes while it was zero degrees.

:fearful:

1 Like

Around you, different story. This type of stuff can be life threatening.

2 Likes

i had the same thing happen to my truck. at least mine broke about 1000 feet from my house

1 Like

2 Likes

@Matthew - except for the idiot in front at least the esse’s have good trigger discipline.

2 Likes

They have good haircuts.

Here’s the damage done when it fell out:

And here is it’s replacement, its a shame to have to put it under the truck!

3 Likes