Door Hangers & Cops

No such law exists, that is why you can’t find it. Door hanger away!

i meant this finding but i found find enough to satisfy my curiosity

1 Like

In our town you’re supposed to register with the PD before you solicit.

There are so many scammer out there that actually helps. There are constantly people complaining about people without permits in our local FB group. I literally just saw one warning people that there’s someone without a permit going around selling ADT in her pajamas. The post is from an hour ago, and its 9:30 AM on a Saturday.

yeah they’re to get some sta am coffee money

Don’t “solicit”, just hang the door hanger and keep going until you are finished. I do not engage people when I dropping door hangers unless they initialize a conversation. Then I let them lead the conversation. My door hanger does the rest if they are interested. If I were to force the conversation then I would be soliciting. Have your town state what the statute is that makes door hangers soliciting, then compare it to an actual legislative law.

Genaro, police are definitely not bored.

about two years ago. I have the same problem. They are just concerned homeowners. We are living in perilous times. Just can’t anything for granted. Don’t take it personally. When approached by the Police or the homeowner, politely and professionally explain to you are promoting your business in the community. Don’t forget to hand the Officer one of your cards before and promise a 10-15% discount. Do not. Do not touch the male box. It is Federal Offence involving jail time and a $5000.00 fine for each box you drop off your marketing. Be safe out there.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Restrictions-for-attaching-flyers-posters-etc-to-a-mailbox