Equipment

hey guys,
trying to figure out what equipment is necessary and what would you recommend for resi and commercial?

Mike this is a nice start.

http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/showthread.php5?t=1209

You can get by with less of course.

When I started I just got a 5 gallon bucket, 1 squeege1, 1 scraper and a bath towel. Oh and a used ladder. The whole set up cost me about 90 bucks.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Alex and Chris have some great little videos on youtube.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVGt413ucvQ&eurl=http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/showthread.php5?t=1209[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Also think about getting[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]8 ft. window cleaner’s pole[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]winter gloves[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]steel wool (very fine, to scrub glass in homes)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]5 in 1 painter tool (mostly for screen removal)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]3 inch painters brush (to sweep ledges and sills in homes)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]9 lbs. huck towels (45 towels for starters)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]2 bath towels (100% cotton, white or light blue, for mopping up, etc.)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]2 face cloths or 1 sea sponge (for wiping ledges and sills)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1 painters drop cloth (I cut mine in half, and use it in homes, usually folded)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]2 ft. step ladder[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]15 foot extension ladder[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]24 foot extension ladder[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Removable stand off[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Ladder mitts[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Ladder levelers[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]little giant ladder (nock off) in place of extension ladders for starting out or in addition to them[/SIZE][/FONT]

Do you have a van or truck? or a car? If you are working from a car, I reccomend this 4.5 gal bucket (comes with sieve) and holds 14" scrubber.

Nice list ! I get buy with only 13 hucks (- 1 unaccounted for :() and wash them about once a week to week and a half.

I would ad a Bucket on a belt with belt and pouch.

Nice list ! I get buy with only 13 hucks (- 1 unaccounted for :() and wash them about once a week to week and a half.

I would ad a Bucket on a belt with belt and pouch.[/quote]

Thanks I forgot my tool belt. I think new guys usually use a lot of towels so I would recommend buying extra.

LOL, When I was new. I actually squeegeed every darn drop from the glass It’s funny now, but it took me forever then. I wear a hand towel on my utility belt (folded in 3 and tucked in the front so it hangs down) to wipe my squeegees and I carry a bath towel for the ledges. I should probably try a sponge though, but Im thinking since so many of the ledges are So dirty, I would have to rinse out the sponge often. I can just grab a clean towel the next day or between jobs if one gets really wet or dirty. Is my logic justified?

A clipboard with fabricating debris educational material and blank heat-strengthened glass waivers.

yeah I agree that this is a good first time setup…great package!
I’d get this Mike, it’s everything ya need to get your feet wet :slight_smile:
Happy Hunting

I have taken into account what you guys have recommended, just don’t want to buy things i do not need or will never use, such as a certain size squeegee. I’m looking for the bare necessities.
Thanks

you’ll find that at some point in the day you could have used that certain size squeegee that you didn’t think you needed.
I carry a 22" 18" 14" and 8", I hardly use the 8" but too many times did I need it and now I carry it and use it once or twice a day…

Better to have it and not need it, then not have it and need it :slight_smile:

I have a 4" squeegee. I also have a 36" squeegee. I have used both of them exactly: Never.

I hope I never need the 4". I also have no idea when a 3 foot squeegee comes in handy.

should I carry them?

:slight_smile:

hey, don’t you use that 4" for the sills on the outside?

No, I use the 6". But I will change that today. TY!

Maybe I should use the 3 foot for sills!

For commercial route work I carry an 18" 12" and a 5" squeegies. I own all the different sizes in 2 inch increments up to 20" but they’re in the truck. On residential I mostly use 12" or 14" and a small 5" or 6" squeegie.

Ettore sells rubber in 36" lengths and one piece will take care of 3 route squeegies. I change them every day first thing in the morning.

Whether they need it or not?

Ya. every day. :o

I hate it when they burn out in the middle of the day. I don’t like taking time out to change rubber when I am in the groove. I also think I work faster with fresh rubber.

I buy more rubber but time is money too. :smiley:

All of our guys change their rubber every day too. Regardless of the condition. Thats why we buy the cheeper stuff;)

what do you buy for your guys

for the most part they all rock the exact same set up:

unger rubber

ergotec squeegee 14"

ettore 6"

red triumph scraper

pulex detachable boab

Home depot webbed tool belt

2 leather hammer loops

and thats it>> Production work!

Maybe that’s why it needs to be changed every day!