Ettore Contour Pro+ handle with Unger S-Channel Plus combination - thoughts?

I’ve been using the Ettore Pro+ handle and Liqchannel for around 5 months and I’ve had no problems

4 Likes

Thanks ma man at least i got one viewer lol :wink:

1 Like

You’re over thinking this Graeme. Buy the handle. Loosen the plate off, insert your Liquidator channel of choice. Secure rubber against end clips with zip, paper clip or Unger green clips to firm up rubber and stop it moving (same as Ettore has been doing forever). I don’t do the ‘ding’ as I secure at the clips and don’t feel it’s needed. Julian uses the ding as he is a Wagtail Vet and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t secure at the clips… so one or the other is fine but both probably not essential. I’ve found it works fine with all Liquidator lengths although 12 and 14 appear to hit the sweet spot for me. I purchased out of interest and it’s fine for a few minor irritable window frames I strike but not essential. I agree with Tradman. It would be nice if some sort of flex could be incorporated into a Moerman fixed handle. Probably be a step too far on the Exelerator.

1 Like

yeah probably costs to much to manufacture and produce but if we pester them maybe they will do it lol

2 Likes

Maybe you right.
The screw snapped and the plate fall off. It did that immediately.
Maybe longer screws can be a solution. But they can’t be much longer then the originals, because otherwise they will be a problem when closing out on deep frames.
But for it hasn’t been a problem when I put the channel in original plate.
It’s pretty steady. The ducktape is a great help. Just as it is in the Excelerator.

1 Like

Thanks Jonathan.

My hunch was correct it seems. Your right Jonathan, you would have to do exact/precise measurements, get the right thread and length screws etc. That’s where I thought I’d take it to one of my engineering buddies and get him to have a look at it, and see what he/they come up with.

Graeme Hibbard.
SPARKLE WINDOW CLEANING
Christchurch, New Zealand

Interesting Graeme!
Keep is updated. Good luck :+1:

Have a look at the photos. The countersunk screw has a shim washer under it. These also house the pin and locking tab. They hold the springs that give tension for sliding a standard Ettore channel into. It enables the channel to be held loosely without slipping so that centring and locking tight is simple.

This is negated with a Liquidator channel because it has to be inserted which pretty much entails dismantling, inserting and reassembling and locking.

So any SS screw/bolt of identical thread, along with a SS washer will do the job. If your screws are slightly too long just file, saw or grind to appropriate length for whatever plate is used. Keep in mind that if you do this you lose the quick release assembly.

TradMan does it again. Thanks for the tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jceOSL-Jd94

Looks like the 16" is the Razor Red sweet spot for the Liquidator + Contour combo.

Graeme Hibbard.
SPARKLE WINDOW CLEANING

2 Likes

Hi Eric.

Got money finally, and ready to buy some equipment from the UK. Just making sure that I’m reading the above right.

I need to make sure that:

1. Freight is separate on my invoice, and
  2. Freight is separate on their declaration

Is that correct? Otherwise I could get charged twice for freight?

You mention you “got hit with GST and charges”. What were the extra “charges”? Custom’s fee’s?

This is all new to me.

Graeme Hibbard.
SPARKLE WINDOW CLEANING

Yep, you’re onto it. And yes IF customs check it you’ll have about $40 ‘fees’ added. Fingers crossed, you may be fine.

the 16 works like a dream :wink:

Got four Contour Pro+ handles, various sizes of Liquidator 2.0 channels, two 18" and two 14" Unger S-Channel PLUS’s, and two Excelerator’s (14" + 18"), and two Moerman poles (5m + 1.2m), plus some Liquidator and RazrRed rubber on the way from the UK.

Really appreciate all the input that everyone has posted on these forums (that’s a thank you to all the pro’s here). I have realistic expectations. I don’t expect miracles, but I intend to try (emphasis on “try”) and apply the right tools, in the right way, to the right job/work, and adapt/change my technique wherever necessary. Always learning.

And in particular, a big hat tip to Eric (a fellow Kiwi) for all his very down to earth and practical advice. Thanks.

4 Likes

Cheers Graeme, last bit of advice. Stack some $$$ away, with a parcel that size? You’re going to have to be very very lucky :slight_smile: Congrats. A nice package of new toys for '17…

1 Like

Hi Jonathan. Just a thought that occurred to me. Has anyone tried the Contour Pro+ (Super Channel version) with the Liquidator channel? I wonder if the wider grip may accommodate the Liquidator? It’s made for a FATTER channel! = Longer screws perhaps? Thoughts?

http://www.windowcleaningworld.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=418

https://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/ettore-contour-pro-superchannel-handle-only.html

The screw and clamp mechanism looks more robust and different to the regular channel version! I hope I’m on to something!

Just came across this link as well:

It’s in customs. I’ve paid the GST, just awaiting confirmation, then hopefully, delivery this week.

1 Like

Bummer, they have toughened up haven’t they?

Never thought on that.
I can try tomorrow. But my prediction is that the liquidator channel is to small for the super channel handle.
I respond to you when I’ve tried it.

Agreed. You’ll find with the standard Contour that you can with a bit of teeth gritting push the Liquidator home. This handle is no different from any other Ettore. THe Ettore Channels are housed by sliding in from the end. The clips of the Liquidator don’t allow this.

I’m pretty sure that if you use the standard Contour handle and have duck tape on your liquidator channel it will stay in place good. I don’t think it’s necessary with the teethplate then.