Everyone was right about the scrim!

I don’t have a scrim yet… gonna add one in my next order.

Buy 2. The first will dry out enough to use again by the time you use up the second if you do it right.

1 Like

Yeah sorry my Florida dialect sometimes catches people off guard. :laughing: Wash it with detergent in the washing machine, then dry it in the dryer.

1 Like

Ha, yeah I asked my wife what in the hell is a dry cycle in the washing machine. And she thinks I’m dumber than she realized…lol

2 Likes

Will do bro.

I predict that in the future, one machine will do both.

1 Like

Mine are cut in half/hemmed and noticed that if temperatures are low, they don’t work quite as well as a freshly cleaned and dry blue towel.

My softest one is a few months old, and it serves me well. I’d equate the break in process in line with breaking in a pair of nice leather hiking boots.

I generally use 2-5 scrims a day, so I use a washboard and bucket in the tub to wash them.

I like their fast drying and scrub absorbency…

I have to disagree with this, if using a scrim correctly it should not get wet enough to have the need to dry out, scrim is for fine detailing not for wiping up anything other than very small water 1-3 mm size nothing that should get it wet enough to need to dry out, over use of detailing cloths is the where you will be at at rookie level but after 6 to 12 months it should be very easy to only use 1 scrim per day or even per week.

Most scrim these days come pre-boiled and pre-washed you can use it straight out of the box.

I wash my scrims with my regular clothes wash in with the lights shirts/shorts wash no lint in there, and I dry them on the line outside

1 Like

Scrim is trending! - https://shopwindowcleaner.com/unger-scrim.html

1 Like

Check out these reviews - https://shopwindowcleaner.com/review/product/list/id/2203/

I am about to order 3 more! Scrim are incredible. Then I will only have to wash once a week.

1 Like

Well if you going to be professional! Lol! I’ve seen just about everything in my 9 years nose to glass. I saw a guy trip over his own feet and end up in the pool, Scrim getting run over by the lawn mower, sudden torrential downpour. In other words, crap happens. Besides I have always used my scrims damp. Works better for me. So I’m not too anal about how many I use a day or how because I’ve always got back up. It’s nice to have extras and they won’t be getting cheaper in the future, so, BUY 2!!
Peace!

1 Like