Extreme Hydrophobic Glass... Please Help!

When I come across glass like this I scrub with the wfp, and rinse the top couple inches, then I just use a second pole with a squeegee on it and pull the water off with vertical straight strokes. This usually gets me acceptable results without detailing, cause any streaks would dry clear. I do tend to get spotting at the bottom if I’m not closing out at the bottom well.

I’m wondering who ‘they’ is - I don’t think it’s WCRA, and it’s certainly not Reach-iT - but there are guys who have persevered with new techniques and brushes to get improved results (which was your advice - thumbs up)

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

I have had these kind of windows and used a bronze wool doodle pad ,alone and with a little bit of Ecover on it. I don’t know why but for some reason it turns the glass hydrophilic. Not always completely but at least lessens the hydrophobic property of the glass. Like I said I don’t know why but it works almost every time.

BobWasHere

Yeah no offense to any of you guys but it isn’t the easiest thing to just hop on and do. In your videos Perry you make it seem like it’s so easy to just clean the windows spot free. And I’m sure it is if they aren’t all that dirty. The windows I have in my area are super dirty and it must take a lot longer scrubbing or a better brush to get them clean. How is the layman supposed to figure that out? Ask the forum? Plus, the silicone, some windows I have are too high to reach any other way but the pure water alone won’t take off silicone. You need to be able to be a bit handy to make a WFP work. If your not a handyman forget about it. I’m a rookie, I’ll give you that, but it has cost me a few hundred bucks running back to redo the windows that the pure water system was apparently supposed to have been able to clean. I am so frustrated with this thing I don’t want to practice with it because all my jobs are so important to me I can’t afford to screw up… Your reputation isn’t on the line here, mine is…

[MENTION=378]Perry Tait[/MENTION]
Can’t wait to try this instead of my jetstream…

METTLER MAINTENANCE
Cleaning Services
www.MettlerMaintenance.com
Pismo Beach, Ca

No, it’s not a hop on and do it type thing. I took me a LOT of experimenting before I figured out the right brush to use for specific glass, how to scrub, how to rinse, and occasionally how to pretreat. But no, it won’t take off silicone and knowing what types of jobs wfp can do is a learning curve as well.

The question is: is it worth it to buckle down and experiment, research, and figure out how to do wfp correctly? Yeah, when you bust out a 5 story hotel, outside only, in 6 hours for $1,000… yeah, it’s worth the effort. Especially when you can undercut your competition because they’ll have to rent a lift.

It was my reputation on the line when was a Water Fed Window Cleaner in 2006-2010…

I know what you are saying - I was you… I was a tinkerer in a shed, and the shed got bigger and bigger and bigger - everything we do at Reach-iT is a tweak, a search for incremental returns of efficiency for you…

It’s all the same - just a different scale!

With the pure water system and pole I have $5800 in. I have no choice but to figure it out. I have jobs that it seems like the best approach but I am still a little stressed over it. I need to learn and quick… Those corners are the trick… I’m gonna get your constructor brush but I hope it can get into the corners…

What was your process without a wfp. Step by step.

I’ll I skip right to my point. Sometimes for me if I’m dead set on using my wfp with real dirty windows. I get a pre-scrub with a doodle biug, an white pad I hate using the doodle bug on my wfp. So I use a garlick pole with a the doodle bug on it . scrub the shit out of them then just wfp them.

You might say well that’s an xtra step. Well if I was using trad tools. I would have to wet them in then scrub them then squeegee.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

Not to mention unload, lug, and climb the ladder

Cool, cool. Yeah doodlebug is a must. So you’re using a separate pole with the bug on it?

Also traditional tools can’t get off silicone & paint so why would a wfp. Just saying !!!

Hi- sheen pulls that shit off but at three or more stories forget about it if you don’t have a lift

The only thing that gets silicone off glass is a blade or magic eraser.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

Yes !!! They sell bronze wool, and steel wool pads also if you prefer that
This is the part of wfp that is going to take the most getting used to when to doodle when not to. I’ve done first cleans that were very dirty that came out very clean. I’ve done first cleans that I had to break out the ladders or re scrub.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

Where did you get yours?

Where did I ger what ?

My wife I found in a bar. Got lucky there Didnt expect to find such high quality in a place like that.

My quirky sense of humor Levittown , Long Island .

Center lane green :slight_smile:
"Remember those days hanging out at the village green engineer boots leather jackets an tight blue jeans. ".

Im begining to realize this forum is just one big reach it- unger marketing scam

We here at Ettore feel your pain. As the premium creator and distributor of the finest tools in the world, we’re sure you’ll find our products far superior. Feel free to browse the store and you’ll see our workmanship is far superior.