Fabrication debris doesn't exist

Yes I’ve had the joy of removing this stuff. Oh, and the area has to be “prepped” first. TAPE. So French panes are a pane. Remove film from a hundred Frenches, thirty minutes. Cleaning glass and removing every film bit from every mullion, corner, panes where it tore…hours and hours and hours. Have fun. It is still painting, and it still has to be prepped. The good news is, it can be put on with a brush. Oh, a SCRAPER helped. :wink:

1 Like

Sending out glass that easily scratched by razor blades is a good idea on GANAs part. That means they can sell even more glass when it has to be replaced.

Just keep sending it out with the debris baked on to one side of it as you started to do in the mid 90s.

Can’t really blame, GANA. If I could make more money by providing an inferior service, I would be tempted for dang sure.

The manufacturers are now married to sending out glass debri baked crap, otherwise if all glass becomes non razor sensitive for some “strange” reason, they could find themselves liable for the previously manufactured defects. The change could be taken as an admission of guilt.

Not sure about you but I have never damaged glass to the point of replacing.

I get the issue but using alternative methods and charging appropriate prices for it has made me much money and respect.

1 Like

If by lazy you mean efficient, certainly.

Quite a thread!

I think it’s important to understand that the original “theory” of fabricating derbis was introduced by the weekend ndow manufacturing industry itself and was featured in n an article and that article has been used to win Tina of course cases with thousands of dollars worth of glass at stake.

It was not the window cleaning and ndustry that was making and assumption but glass manufacturers that were addressing they rniwn problems.

My theory on this (not says it I am right but just introducing a theory) is that the glass manufacturers have been kicking themselves for releasing that article on fabircating debris and they want new information to drown it out. Again just a suggested theory. That aritfke has costs them millions.

Either way let then sort it out and just work around it like we have for years.

1 Like

Seems like the whole issue with proper care of glass during the construction phase could be turned into maintenance contracts for new home owners with the proper sales contracts. Put together a package for the new home buyer explaining how their glass was protected by their quality contractor during the construction phase. If the contractor could be sold on the benefits then a service agreement could possibly be part of the sale of the new home- providing an opportunity to highlight the contractors commitment to take care of every aspect of a new home owners home. One year of cleaning to make sure every new homeowner has an opportunity to know what it’s like to have a professional take care of their glass - all built into the new construction clean coupled with proper glass protection from the time the windows arrive from the glass company. Might take a few years to build the business but every customer would be on contract and you’d know their glass was in premium shape.