Feeling it in the Morning?

I just leave that right here… :wink:

My Mom’s husband is 70, hikes like a mountain goat and climbs on the rock wall and he takes turmeric every day. My very good friend is a beastly strong mason and he takes turmeric everyday. I am 57 and like doing physical labor and working out and I take turmeric every day.

It is certainly possible that we are all quacks and our hippie sh*t doesn’t work, but I know that when I blow off getting refills my old aches and pains come back with a vengeance. Pretty hard to ignore empirical evidence.

3 Likes

Lol. Some one had to say it. Figured I’d be the first.

1 Like

I went to school for engineering and always envisioned myself doing more of a brainy job. Ended up working in a warehouse and on a dock and then in an office. Surprisingly, i hated the office work along with my “cloth prison” as i called my cubicle. What’s more, I had way more aches and pains than when working physically.

I believe our bodies were meant to move. As soon as we stop doing that - especially as we get older - our bodies deteriorate quickly. Aches and pains are inevitable, but i believe we’re best off doing physical work. To me, the key is working smart and ergonomically as much as possible, being stronger than our work through exercise, and maintaining a good diet as others have said along with sufficient rest.

I second the turmeric. You can even just down a teaspoon of the spice in a glass of water. Supposedly adding a dash of pepper improves its effectiveness. An interesting alternative to bone broth you can also try is collagen powder. I use it for protein shakes since i can’t do dairy but it has the added benefit of helping your joints. You might also try glucosamine/chondroitin/msm supplements. Finally, i would try out different shoes or even look into having custom orthotics made. They are a godsend. If there’s anything off with your feet, it can affect your knees, hips, back, etc. Even your stance could cause knee issues, such as if you tend to point your toes outward.

That all said, I still have the goal of not needing to do all the physical work in the future.

Anyway, may your body serve you well for many years to come.

4 Likes

That is amazing!

Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

That is a great video, I so wish the guy that was video taping would have given the gentleman time to explain what his tools and gear he carried in those pouches, there was no boab or bucket any where to be seen.
I TOTALLY dig that ladder too!

3 Likes

I bought a pair of Red Wing 606 work boots. Goodbye to sore feet. $225. Worth every penny.

I watched a bunch of YouTube videos praising Red Wings. Bad shoes or should I say not wearing great shoes will cause all kinds of physical pain. Back, knees and feet to name three. Guys claimed switching to proper work boots for WORK saved their career.

6 Likes

The SAD diet is the Standard American Diet,

1 Like

…Also stresses the kidneys/liver.

2 Likes

…Yes…Cayenne pepper, not black.

1 Like

For me its my hands that are starting to go.arthritis or something.some days worse than others especially when cold.other than that shoulders are pretty jacked up if I gotta pole alot

1 Like

Ya … I know how that feels. Arthritis runs in my family. Would you like to know how I reversed my arthritis? Changed my diet. Every time I cheat it starts to come back. Inflammatory foods are the cause of my pain. So I try to eat clean most of the time. I should eat clean ALL of the time.

5 Likes

I notice when I eat bad, I feel bad. When I eat good, I feel really good.

Your body is a machine, you have to take care of it. You only get one!

4 Likes

I picked up a pair of Rockport Walkers for most work, and Timberline Hiking Boots for ladder work. Huge difference for my feet and back.

1 Like

Gary: check out red wing boot reviews on line. Folks are saying they are the best. I’ve owned rock port and timberline as well because I always shoot for quality.

I never bought the red wing boots before because they are pricey. Then the pain in my feet forced me to make the move to a better boot.

2 Likes

When I wear these out I may look at them again. Pretty pricey. The choice this go around has made a huge difference in my comfort. Good to see real people talk up the benefits of working in them.

1 Like

They’re the best I’ve ever owned. When I was wearing Merrell Boots I was on here saying they were the best. Magnum Tactical boots were my go to boots at one time as well. Now my Magnums are my alternate boots that I wear two days a week. I’ve been told that wearing the same boot EVERY day is not good for your feet. Red Wing is supposedly at the top of the work boot food chain. Anybody on here wearing sneakers to work? :sunglasses:

Actually there are better boots than Red Wing out there. Custom hand made boots for folks that are really serious about taking care of their feet. $600 a pair and worth every penny they say. Haha

1 Like

HAH! I gave up sneakers a while ago. I would burn through them quickly and for ladder work they are the pits. When you work on your feet you should have quality comfort for your feet. When you work in an office you should have quality comfort in seating too.

1 Like

I do.

1 Like